As the weather gets cold, do you start to think about hot chocolate? Looking for a delicious hot chocolate cupcake recipe? You will love how easy these hot chocolate brownies cupcakes are.
These hot cocoa cupcakes are so good. They have a rich chocolate flavor, the goodness of a brownie, taste like a cupcake all while having marshmallows on top. It might be heaven in a cupcake.
Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
My daughter is obsessed with hot chocolate. I think we might make hot chocolate on a daily basis. What better way to have dessert than with hot chocolate cupcakes that combine all of her favorite things, brownies, cupcakes, and hot chocolate.
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
These hot cocoa cupcakes are very easy to make. Since the base of these hot cocoa cupcakes uses a brownie mix, it takes very little measuring and is almost foolproof. If you can make brownies from a box you can make hot cocoa cupcakes.
What Makes it Hot Chocolate Brownies?
When making these hot chocolate brownies, you are pulling together the different flavors that are used for hot chocolate. There is a rich chocolate ganache over the top of the hot chocolate brownies and it is topped with marshmallows. For even more of a hot chocolate feel, you can add peppermint extract to the batter. It is like having peppermint hot chocolate.
How to Make Brownie Mix Cupcakes
It is easy to make brownie mix cupcakes and it is a fun way to change up traditional brownies. By making the brownie mix cupcakes, you are saving time creating the bases of the cupcakes. When you put the brownie mix cupcakes into the cupcake tins, it also makes it easy to create each cupcake something fun. While I will never say no to a nice brownie, I can't turn down these brownie mix cupcakes, EVER!
Hot Cocoa Cupcakes
Makes 24 cups
This recipe uses mini cupcake pans. Since these are rich brownie mix cupcakes, a smaller size is perfect.
Ingredients for Hot Chocolate Cupcakes
1 box of brownie mix
1 tsp peppermint extract - optional
1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C heavy whipping cream
1 container of mallow bites
1 disposable piping bag
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini cupcake pan with baking spray
Follow the directions onto the back of the box to make the brownie batter
Stir in the peppermint extract
Fill the cupcake pan 3/4 way full and bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center
Once baked, allow to cool completely
Place the chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
Using a small saucepan, heat up the heavy whipping cream until simmering
Pour over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for one minute before whisking until smooth
Pour ganache into a piping bag and cut the tip off
Pop out the brownie bites and place onto a cutting board
Pipe dollops onto the top of the brownies
Sprinkle some mini marshmallow on top
More Recipes You Might Enjoy
Love hot chocolate? You will love these brownie mix cupcakes we call hot chocolate cupcakes. These mini hot cocoa cups are bite-sized hot chocolate desserts.
- 1 box of brownie mix
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 C semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 container of mini marshmallow
- 1 disposable piping bag
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini cupcake pan with baking spray
- Follow the directions onto the back of the box to make the brownie batter
- Stir in the peppermint extract
- Fill the cupcake pan 3/4 way full and bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center
- Once baked, allow to cool completely
- Place the chocolate chips into a heat safe bowl
- Using a small sauce pan, heat up the heavy whipping cream until simmering
- Pour over the chocolate chips and allow to sit for one minute before whisking until smooth
- Pour ganache into a piping bag and cut the tip off
- Pop out the brownie bites and place onto a cutting board
- Pipe dollops onto the top of the brownies
- Sprinkle some mini marshmallow on top