How to Go Back to School After Dropping Out
Dropping out of school is very common today. The reasons for this can be very different, for example, the inability to cope with all the tasks in the learning process, lack of time to complete the assignments of teachers, absence of motivation to get an education, inability to overcome difficulties, unwillingness to learn something new, etc.
Fortunately, many young people know that these difficulties can be overcome by seeking professional academic help from a reliable essay writing service online such as Smart Writing Service. There you can buy any paper at reasonable prices and get support from specialists. However, other students don't know where to seek custom writing assistance, which can lead to dropping out of school. After some time, a person realizes that it is still important to get an education in order to successfully arrange life in the future. He/she begins to think about how to return to school and continue studies. If this is important for you – read the current information on this topic below.
14 Major Specifications of Returning to School
In order to go back to school after dropping out, you need to recover at an educational institution. The recovery process is quite complex and involves restoring the student's status, basic rights, and responsibilities, taking into account the learning outcomes previously acquired by a person. The main peculiarities of recovery include the following:
- Individuals who drop out of school before completing a certain educational program may be reinstated and continue their studies at the educational institution;
- It is possible to return to school regardless of what caused the dropout, what is the duration of the break in education, the form of education, industry and specialty, type of program, main sources of funding, etc. The recovery of students is usually carried out during the holidays;
- It is forbidden to recover students to the first year of educational programs if education is conducted on the basis of secondary education. However, the institution may recover to the second year those who dropped out of the first year on the basis of complete secondary education. The main condition is to eliminate academic debt by the beginning of the educational year;
- Student recovery should be based on educational programs at the same level. The course also remains the same;
- Students who have studied in a bachelor's program, or a master's or specialist's program in medicine, pharmacy or veterinary medicine on the basis of complete secondary education, have the opportunity to renew their studies in the same or a related specialty, in the same or another educational institution;
- The recovery is conducted in accordance with the licensed volume of the higher educational institution at the appropriate level, course, and specialty. The licensed volume may be exceeded only in exceptional situations and upon approval by the Ministry of Education and Science;
- The school management reviews the student's application within two weeks. As a rule, an academic certificate is attached to the application, which indicates that the student has no academic debt. Execution of documents meets the requirements set by a particular educational institution;
- After consideration of the application, a person is informed of the conditions under which he/she has the opportunity to resume training, or the reason for refusing is indicated;
- The main condition for student recovery is the elimination of academic differences. However, it can be provided in an individual's curriculum during the first semester after recovery;
- The procedure for re-enrollment of certain disciplines, credits, and learning outcomes, as well as the elimination of academic differences, is provided by the Regulations on the organization of the educational process in the school;
- As practice shows, the school may provide for the recognition of learning outcomes acquired in non-formal education and in informal learning. However, this requires several steps: submit an educational declaration and attach to it documents that directly or indirectly certify the information contained therein; agree on the formation of a commission to determine whether it is possible to recognize learning outcomes acquired in non-formal education and in informal learning; pass certification for recognition of learning outcomes acquired in non-formal education and in informal learning;
- Recognition of learning outcomes acquired in non-formal education and in informal learning, acquired before the start of training at a certain educational level, is impossible;
- The decision on recovery is made by the head of the school in coordination with the student self-government bodies, the scientific society of students and the primary trade union organizations;
- After the recovery at the educational institution, a person receives the right to transfer to public education in the manner prescribed by the school.
So, we have described in detail the procedure of recovery in school after dropping out. Undoubtedly, this process is rather painstaking but very important for you. Studying will allow you to become an educated person and achieve success in life. Therefore, if you feel that you are ready for training, you have the strength to go through the difficult path of recovery in an educational institution – be brave and decisive, go to your goal and you will definitely succeed.
Find motivation for yourself. Think about why you need to study, what perspectives will be open to you, and what knowledge you will receive. This can be either a desire to become an educated person and receive a certain degree or a wish to find a well-paid job in the future, etc.