Norfolk is a waterfront city in southeastern Virginia, with a lot to offer. It’s home to the Naval Station Norfolk, Nauticus (a maritime museum with the Battleship Wisconsin). If you’re into art, there’s the Chrysler Museum of Art has paintings and sculptures for you to explore. Then there is the riverside Virginia Zoo, which is another great place to take your family, or to stroll through yourself and explore.
Here are some things to do in Norfolk, VA:
- Nauticus – Again, a large maritime museum that features a battleship.
- Norfolk Botanical Garden – Beautiful flowers and plants to see here.
- Virginia Zoological Park – A 53-acre zoo for you to explore.
- Chrysler Museum of Art – A great museum with a wide range of art to explore.
- Children’s Museum of Virginia – A great museum to take the kids to visit.
- The Waterside – A festival marketplace on the Elizabeth River.
- Town Point Park – 7 acres of greenspace park on the Elizabeth River.
- Oak Grove Lake Park – 65 acres of outdoor activity space including benches, a playground and lake path.
- MacArthur Memorial – Learn about vets and history of WWI, WWII, and the Korean War.
- Hunter House Victorian Museum – Another great museum to stop by while in the area.
- Ocean View Beach – Enjoy the beach that only Chesapeake can offer.
- Restaurants and dining – Many great places to shop, eat and more.
If you’re in town long enough, try to see as many things on the list as you can. You will have some wonderful experiences and make some great memories that are sure to last a lifetime.
These are just a few things to do in Norfolk but it’s certainly not the end of the list. While you are enjoying yout time around the city, you should take some time to stop by Pearson Chrysler Jeep and see what they have on the lot.