Amish Broccoli Salad is the tastiest, healthiest, picnic salad idea you can ask for. Reduce your waistline-healthy carbs, protein and good fat in one dish! Check out this deliciously healthy salad recipe for the best Amish broccoli salad ever. This is one of those dishes that will make anyone drool when you tell them about it.
The Best Amish Broccoli Salad Ever
There’s nothing quite like the taste of fresh, healthy broccoli salad. Our Amish broccoli salad recipe is the perfect blend of delicious and nutritious. With a mix of crunchy vegetables, savory bacon, and creamy dressing, this dish is sure to hit the spot. Perfect for a side dish or a main course.
The Best Broccoli Salad Salad Recipe Ever
We have a recipe for the best WW broccoli salad ever. It’s so good, it will make your mouth water just thinking about it. This is one of those recipes that everyone should know how to make. In fact, we guarantee that once you try this easy healthy side dish recipe, you won’t be able to stop making it again and again.
The combination of flavors from the bacon and dressing are out of this world delicious! And with only a few ingredients, anyone can make this amazing dish at home tonight! Just imagine what your family would say if they came home after work or school to find an entire bowl waiting for them on the table
Why You’ll Love This WW Broccoli Salad
- It’s creamy, dreamy, with a sweet and tangy dressing.
- You can (and should) make it in advance
- Easily it’s transportable
- Basic and Easy to find ingredients
Equipment Needed To Make WW Broccoli Salad
Ingredients For Your Amish Broccoli Salad
- Salt and Black pepper
- Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- White vinegar
- Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- Bacon or Turkey bacon
- Sunflower seeds
How To Make Amish Broccoli Salad
In a small mixing dish, combine sugar, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the broccoli, onions, raisins, sunflower seeds and bacon.
Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and mix.
What to Serve/Pair with Your Creamy Broccoli Salad
- Mock Pot Roast Meal Recipe- Because I forgot to start to make dinner in the slow cooker
- Easy Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin
- Skinny Smothered Pork Chops Story
- Heart Angel Food Cakes – A 5 Minute Dessert
- Decadent Chocolate Lovers Cookie Dough Cupcakes Recipe
- The Best Healthy Apple Pie
- Chocolate Peppermint & Espresso Cookies
- Delicious Apple Cider Old Fashioned Cocktail Recipe
- How to Make a Bloody Mary Cocktail- Jalapeno Bloody Mary Recipe
- Queen of Hearts Cocktail
Related: Looking for other recipes with broccoli? We love broccoli so we try to make a lot of recipes with it. Try Cheddar Broccoli Skillet Dinner with Chicken Recipe and Broccoli and Cheddar Mini Quiches Recipe. Both of these recipes are easy to make and can be made for pennies per serving.
Popular Substitutions & Additions
- You can use sugar or Stevia as a replacement for the sugar.
- You may want to decrease/increase the amount of vinegar and mayonnaise, depending on your personal taste preference
- Feel free to add nuts such as almonds or cashews
- If you don’t have raisins, try dried cranberries, grapes or dates instead
- Looking for something a little more sweet? Add 2 tablespoons of sugar
- Looking to add some spice? Add 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Add apple. The kids love this Broccoli Apple Salad.
- Make it lighter. I like to make this a WW Broccoli Salad by making a few swaps and it brings this down to a light and refreshing Weight Watchers Salad that won’t break your points.
How To Store Amish Broccoli Salad
Best Way To Store Broccoli Picnic Salad Leftover
Store the leftover broccoli salad in an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. Save any leftovers for up to a week.
How Long Will Amish Broccoli Salad Last In the Fridge?
If stored properly in a refrigerator, this salad will last for up to a week.
Can I Freeze WW Broccoli Salad
Do not freeze broccoli salad. The dressing doesn’t thaw well and it can ruin the texture.
Creamy Broccoli Salad FAQs
Make this a Weight Watchers Salad
There are a few things that you need to do to make this salad a little more point friendly. On my personal points, the broccoli salad, as is, comes in at 6 points. When I change the mayo for fat free Greek yogurt. I change the pork bacon to turkey bacon and reduce the raisins and the sunflower seeds. This brings the salad down to 3 points on my plan.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Tips for Making Amish Broccoli Salad
- Use fresh ingredients. You want the broccoli to have a nice bite to it
- Make the recipe ahead. It always tastes better as the ingredients have a chance to blend together
- Make a big batch. Ours disappears fast.
Other Picnic Recipes You’ll Love
- 12 Summer Picnic Salads
- The Best Amish Potato Salad Perfect for Picnics
- Over 50 Picnic Recipes for Every Occasion
- Easy Teddy Bear Picnics Cupcakes – Perfect for Zoo Lovers Day
- Ranch Burgers: Perfect for Picnics and Grilling
Don’t Forget To Come Back And Let Me Know How Your Amish Broccoli Salad Tasted
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Broccoli Salad Recipe
For the dressing:
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar WW use Stevia
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise WW use Greek Yogurt
In the salad:
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins WW use 1/4 cup
- 1/4- 1/2 cup chopped onion depending on how much raw onion you prefer.
- 8 slices cooked bacon chopped WW onuse Turkey Bac
- sunflower seeds
- To make the dressing for they salad, mix sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the broccoli. Add in the onions, raisins, sunflower seeds and the bacon.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
- While the salad is ready immediately, it always tastes better when it is made ahead and sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
WW Broccoli Salad
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup Fat Free Greek Yogurt
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4- 1/2 cup onion depending on how much raw onion you prefer.
- 8 slices Turkey Bacon
- ⅛ cup sunflower seeds