This is the best Broccoli Salad Recipe I have tasted. It has all the best tasting ingredients in it and it is always a hit when we got to picnics or family get togethers.
The Best Broccoli Salad Recipe for Picnics
I love broccoli salad with vinegar. I had never even heard of it until a few years ago, while at the deli counter. On the premade salad side, there was a broccoli dish that looked fantastic. After buying it the first time, I was hooked. The problem is, if you have ever bought anything in at section, it is expensive! You get this little tiny container and it comes with a Big price tag. So I decided, I can find a recipe and make that myself.
Related: Looking for other recipes with broccoli? We love broccoli so we try to make a lot of recipes with it. Try Cheddar Broccoli Skillet Dinner with Chicken Recipe and Broccoli and Cheddar Mini Quiches Recipe. Both of these recipes are easy to make and can be made for pennies per serving.
Tips to make this easy Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Use fresh ingredients. You want the broccoli to have a nice bite to it
- Make the recipe ahead. It always tastes better as the ingredients have a chance to blend together
- Make a big batch. Ours disappears fast.
Also, check out Amish Potato Salad for pot luck dinners and picnics.
How Many Weight Watchers Points is broccoli salad?
When you make this recipe as is, it is 6 points. When you use the changes listed, it is 3 points. This recipe makes 6 servings.
Want More Help With Weight Watchers
Looking for more recipes and support? Join our Winning with Weight Watchers Facebook Group.
This version of Broccoli Salad comes together in no time. It really is just a matter of cutting up the ingredients. And if you don't like one of the ingredients, simply don't add it. The dressing makes this Amish Broccoli salad a very tasty side dish.
Amish Broccoli Salad Recipe
For the dressing:
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar Weight Watchers use Stevia or Slenda equivalent ( stevia is about 1 teaspoon)
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar You can also use red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar. Each gives its own unique taste.
- 1 cup mayonnaise Weight Watchers use Greek yogurt
In the salad:
- 1 head broccoli, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins or dried cranberries Weight Watchers use 1/4 cup
- 1/4- 1/2 cup chopped onion, depending on how much raw onion you prefer. I use white onion but you can easily use red onion.
- 8 slices cooked bacon, chopped Weight Watchers use turkey bacon
- 3 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- To make the dressing for they salad, mix sugar, mayonnaise, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the broccoli. Add in the onions, raisins, sunflower seeds and the bacon.
Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture and mix.
While the salad is ready immediately or an hour before serving, it always tastes better when it is made ahead and sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight. Be sure to use a bowl with a lid. It makes it easier to store, it keeps it fresher longer and then you can shake the broccoli salad to get the dressing over everything before serving. I love this bowl set.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar WW use Stevia
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise WW use Greek Yogurt
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins WW use 1/4 cup
- 1/4- 1/2 cup chopped onion depending on how much raw onion you prefer.
- 8 slices cooked bacon chopped WW onuse Turkey Bac
- sunflower seeds
- To make the dressing for they salad, mix sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the broccoli. Add in the onions, raisins, sunflower seeds and the bacon.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
- While the salad is ready immediately, it always tastes better when it is made ahead and sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month - Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won't ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don't want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.