This Amish Broccoli Salad, full of bacon, broccoli, raisins, and sunflower seeds, is a great picnic salad that is both tasty and healthy. This salad not only contains healthy carbs, but it also has protein and good fats. If you are looking for a delicious salad recipe, this is the one.
Our Amish broccoli salad recipe is simply divine – a perfect combination of deliciousness and nutrition! With the crunchy veggies, savory bacon, and creamy dressing, your taste buds will dance with delight. Whether as a side dish or a main course, this dish is sure to satisfy your cravings.
If you are looking for some additional recipe ideas for an upcoming picnic or BBQ, my Crispy Chicken Tenders are a delicious choice. My WW Banana Pudding is smooth, cool, and the perfect way to top off a great dinner.
❤Why You’ll Love This
- It’s creamy, dreamy, with a sweet and tangy dressing.
- You can (and should) make it in advance
- It’s transportable
- Basic and easy to find ingredients
- Salt and Black pepper
- Sugar or Sugar Substitute
- White vinegar
- Mayonnaise or Greek Yogurt
- Bacon or Turkey bacon
- Sunflower seeds
At the bottom of the post, you will have complete step-by-step instructions.
- You can use sugar or Stevia as a replacement for the sugar.
- You may want to decrease/increase the amount of vinegar and mayonnaise, depending on your personal taste preference.
- If you don’t have raisins, try dried cranberries, grapes or dates instead.
- When I change the mayo for fat free Greek yogurt. I change the pork bacon to turkey bacon and reduce the raisins and the sunflower seeds. This brings the salad down to 3 points on my plan.
- No mayo – make sure to look at our Bacon Broccoli Salad with no Mayo.
- Sweeter – to make this a bit more sweet, add in 2 tablespoons of sugar.
- Spicy – add 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper.
- Feel free to add nuts such as almonds or cashews.
- Add apple. The kids love this Broccoli Apple Salad.
- Cheese is another great addition to this recipe.
Refrigerator: Store the leftovers in an airtight container. Refrigerate until ready to serve. It should stay fresh for up to four days.
Freezer: Not recommended.
- Use fresh ingredients. You want the broccoli to have a nice bite to it
- Make the recipe ahead. It always tastes better as the ingredients have a chance to blend together.
- Make a big batch. Ours disappears fast.
Yes, you can easily make this salad ahead. You can make it up to 4 days ahead of when you make it. I like to make this picnic salad the night before I need it because I like that way the dressing flavors come together with the other ingredients.
Broccoli salad will last for up to one week when stored properly in the refrigerator.
Broccoli salad is not keto the way that it is written. Even if you use a sugar substitute, there are still too many carbs in this recipe for it to be considered keto. It can be made low carb if you skip the raisins.
Amish Broccoli Salad Recipe
For the dressing:
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup sugar WW use Stevia
- 2 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 cup mayonnaise WW use Greek Yogurt
In the salad:
- 1 head broccoli cut into bite sized pieces
- 1/2 cup raisins WW use 1/4 cup
- 1/4- 1/2 cup chopped onion depending on how much raw onion you prefer.
- 8 slices cooked bacon chopped WW onuse Turkey Bac
- sunflower seeds
- To make the dressing for they salad, mix sugar, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add in the broccoli. Add in the onions, raisins, sunflower seeds and the bacon.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and mix.
- While the salad is ready immediately, it always tastes better when it is made ahead and sit in the refrigerator for 4 hours or overnight.
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
This looks absolutely delicious!1 Thanks for sharing!
Randa @ The Bewitchin' Kitchen
This is similar to how my mom makes it, but she also adds grapes.
What a great recipe, unique and tasty. Thanks so much for sharing, my hubs would love this!
I can’t believe that you ruined that perfectly yummy salad with MAYO! #blech!!
The rest of your salad is YUMMY looking!
I normally HATE mayo. But the combo of the sugar and vinegar with it, it awesome
I have never heard of broccoli salad until now! It definitely yummy and looks worth trying!
Motherhood on the Rocks
I love broccoli salad! Your recipe looks great too!
Honestly, I wasn’t sure about it at first then I saw bacon. I’m all for it now 🙂 It actually sounds pretty good. I love broccoli.
Broccoli is my favorite vegetable, so this salad is right up my alley!
Best if dressing is mixed in just prior to serving otherwise the broccoli is soggy not crisp.. just my opinion
I make mine with mayo, sugar, vinegar, almonds, and cheese, just thinking I bet chopped up apples would be good
I used nonfat Greek yogurt and taste yummy can’t wait to eat it
❤️❤️❤️I had this salad many years ago for the first time. It is wonderful!!!
Carol A Dunstan
I have been making this for years! However, I do not put the raisins or seeds in the salad, but I do put a few chopped hard boiled eggs! And it is the perfect salad to make the day before you need it!