Looking for a Healthy Tuna Casserole recipe? This classic tuna noodle casserole is an easy casserole recipe. With instruction for a slow cooker and for the oven, this is an easy tuna casserole recipe. 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints per serving.
Tuna Noodle Casserole is a classic comfort food recipe. However, it is known to be high in fat and calories. This healthy tuna casserole is lower in fat and calories, and low in Weight Watchers SmartPoints, but is full of flavor.
What to Serve with Tuna Casserole
This is easily a complete meal by itself. It has everything you need. Although if you are looking for a side dish to this tuna casserole, you can make Loaded Cauliflower Bake.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Healthy Tuna Casserole
When you make this casserole using the Weight Watchers changes this lowers the Weight Watchers Points. This 5 points Weight Watchers Tuna Casserole is perfect when you are looking for a low point dinner idea. The specific WW changes, like skim milk, Fat free cheddar cheese and 98% fat free cream of celery are listed in the printable recipe card.
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes?
- Weight Watchers Pizza with Pepperoni
- Weight Watchers Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- Asian Shrimp
- Salsa Chicken
- Weight Watchers Shepherd’s Pie
Looking for more recipes and support? Join our Winning with Weight Watchers Facebook Group.
More Weight Watchers Help
Need Help Staying on Track? Try these ideas:
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Ingredients in Healthy Tuna Casserole
Serves: 8-12 Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Egg noodles
- Cream of celery soup
- Dried parsley flakes
- Dried thyme
- Canned tuna
- Frozen peas
- Salt and pepper
- Shredded cheddar cheese
How to Make Tuna Casserole Noodle From Scratch
Cook egg noodles until just under al dente.
In a very large bowl, toss together ingredients except for 1 cup of shredded cheese and breadcrumbs.
Taste for seasonings, adjust with salt and pepper.
Grease the inside of a large casserole dish, add mixed ingredients. Top with remaining shredded cheese and breadcrumbs.
Bake for 20 minutes until it bubbling.
How to Make Slow Cooker Tuna Casserole
If you want to make Cheesy Noodle Casserole in the slow cooker, you will follow all the directions except when you are supposed to put the ingredients in the casserole dish, put it in the slow cooker instead.
Cover and bake on high for two hours or low for 4-6 hours.
Notes: Breadcrumbs can be replaced with Ritz crackers, or crushed potato chips.
Healthy Tuna Casserole
- 14 oz of egg noodles
- 2 cans of cream of celery soup - WW use fat free/low fat
- 1 cup of milk - WW use Skim
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley flakes
- 1 ½ teaspoons of dried thyme
- 14 oz of canned tuna two small cans
- 10 oz of frozen peas thawed
- 4 oz of pimentos diced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese - WW Fat-Free cheese
- ¼ cup of breadcrumbs
How to Make Tuna Casserole Noodle From Scratch in the oven
- Cook egg noodles until just under al dente.
- In a very large bowl, toss together ingredients except for 1 cup of shredded cheese and breadcrumbs. Taste for seasonings, adjust with salt and pepper.
- Grease the inside of a large casserole dish, add mixed ingredients. Top with remaining shredded cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Bake for 20 minutes until it bubbling.
How to Make Slow Cooker Tuna Casserole
- If you want to make Cheesy Noodle Casserole in the slow cooker, you will follow all the directions except when you are supposed to put the ingredients in the casserole dish, put it in the slow cooker instead.
- Cover and bake on high for two hours or low for 4-6 hours.