Pumpkin ice cream is the perfect dessert for this time of year. This pumpkin spice ice cream recipe is so easy to make and tastes like a slice of pumpkin pie in a bowl! Whip up this delicious treat in less than 10 minutes and then pop it in the freezer. It’s sure to be a hit at your next party or family gathering! And no one will know that it is low fat and low calorie ice cream. No Special Equipment Needed!
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream with Salted Caramel Chips
Pumpkin is in season, and that means pumpkin everything! Let’s start with pumpkin ice cream. This recipe has a rich cheesecake flavor and a dense texture. It’s the perfect dessert for fall time, but you will love this recipe all year round.
If you have come to our site before, you already know I love ice cream. If you haven’t already, you need to check out these incredible low calorie/low fat/low point ice creams. Grab these other ice cream flavors.
Where can I get pumpkin ice cream
The best answer is right here. That is because pumpkin ice cream is not always available in stores. That means you need to make pumpkin ice cream yourself. That’s ok, because it is so easy to make. And you can make it healthier than anything you are going to find in stores. No chemicals and the only thing artificial is sugar. There are plenty of natural sugars that are still 0 calories and 0 points.
How to make ice cream without an ice cream maker
All of my ice cream recipes are easy to make, that means this pumpkin ice cream is easy to make too. I do not have an ice cream maker because they are expensive and take up room I do not have in my kitchen. So to make my pumpkin spice ice cream you need a blender or food processor. That is it. Then you can place it in the freezer.
Is this a pumpkin nice cream recipe
This recipe does use fruit in it, the banana but it is not the base of the ice cream. This is used for a low calorie, natural sweetener, that is also 0 points. The base of this ice cream is fat free cream cheese. So while this is very similar to nice cream, it is not.
CAN YOU TASTE THE BANANAS?
In all of my ice cream recipes, banana is a major component. It enhances sweetness and smoothness without adding fat or calories. However, I don’t want to be able to taste the bananas. So with my flavored ice cream recipe, including this pumpkin cheesecake ice cream, you can not detect the bananas. While nice creams are fantastic, they aren’t ice cream to me. They are not creamy like ice cream. They are more like sherbert. So when I can taste the fruit, I don’t feel like I am getting ice cream. I need that decadent ice cream feel and texture to satisfy my cravings.
TIPS FOR FREEZING BANANAS
Frozen bananas are used in this pumpkin ice cream. You may use overripe or fresh bananas. The ideal method is to peel and chop the bananas before freezing them. It’s difficult to remove the peel from frozen banana slices, so they’re hard to cut after they’ve been frozen.
HOW LONG WILL HOMEMADE ICE CREAM LAST IN THE FREEZER?
If you allow this pumpkin ice cream to sit for a month in the freezer, it will keep at least a month and up to 3 months. The most important thing is to avoid freezer burn.
HOW DO I KEEP HOMEMADE ICE CREAM FRESH IN THE FREEZER?
You may store this homemade pumpkin cheesecake ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer. Except when eating, keep the ice cream frozen. If you’re concerned about freezer burn, cover the ice cream with a layer of plastic wrap instead of putting it in a sealed container. To protect it, press down on it with your hand.
Love Recipes? Join our Facebook Group, The Best Recipes Because Mama Loves to Eat
CAN I USE REGULAR SUGAR?
You can. I am using a one to one sweetener when I make my pumpkin ice cream. I want this recipe to be low in points, so I use sugar substitutes. You can absolutely use regular white sugar, use half and half sugar substitute and real sugar, or any combination in between.
WHAT BRAND CHOCOLATE CHIPS IS SUGAR FREE?
While there are a few brands that offer sugar free baking chips, I use Lily’s. For this recipe, since I am using salted caramel chips to go with the pumpkin spice ice cream, and it is specific, I am using Lily’s. You may find other chips and I am use they will work fine.
To serve the Pumpkin Spice ice cream
To serve this this pumpkin spice cheesecake, remove it from the freezer and let it thaw for a few minutes. That makes it easy to scoop. Once the pumpkin cheesecake ice cream is soft enough, scoop out 1/2 cup per serving and enjoy.
HOW LARGE IS A SERVING OF WW ICE CREAM?
The typical portion size is 1/2 cup. Most individuals, when they are not paying attention to how much they eat and what portions sizes they are consuming, consume a larger amount.That makes this feel like a small serving, but it is the serving size on all the ice cream cartons.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Pumpkin Ice Cream
This is one of my favorite low calories, low fat, low point ice cream recipes to make for everyone is the fall. Everyone loves pumpkin spice. You can make this recipe as is using the caramel chips or you can make it without them. Or you can make them with it and just reduce the amount. I am going to give you the points with the caramel chocolate chips and without.
If you make the recipe exactly as is, including the caramel chips the points are:
- Blue – 3
- Purple – 3
- Green– 3
If you are making this recipe without the caramel chips
- Blue – 1
- Purple – 1
- Green– 2
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
- Plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- Fat free cream cheese
- Pumpkin puree
- Pumpkin spice
- Vanilla extract
- Sugar substitute
- Lily’s Chocolate Salted Caramel Baking Chips
How to Make Pumpkin Ice Cream
Place banana slices in a plastic freezer-safe bag and place in the freezer about 4 hours, or until frozen.
In a powerful blender or food processor, add frozen banana slices, yogurt, cream cheese, and vanilla extract, and blend until completely smooth. (If necessary, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to loosen the mixture).
Mix in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice
Mix in the sugar substitute until thoroughly combined with other ingredients. Once blended, taste mixture and add more if desired.
Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container. Stir in the chips. Cover and place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
To serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Scoop into individual chilled serving dishes and garnish with favorite topping.
Are you on Facebook? We are too. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun!
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Pumpkin Ice Cream with Salted Caramel Chip Ice Cream
- 2 large bananas peeled and cut into thin slices.
- ½ cup plain Greek nonfat yogurt
- 6 ounces fat free cream cheese cut into chunks
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- ¾ tablespoon real vanilla extract clear if available to prevent discoloration of ice cream
- ¼ to ½ cup sugar substitute
- ¼ cup Lily’s Chocolate Salted Caramel Baking Chips
- Place banana slices in a plastic freezer-safe bag and place in the freezer about 4 hours, or until frozen.
- In a powerful blender or food processor, add frozen banana slices, yogurt, cream cheese, and vanilla extract, and blend until completely smooth. (If necessary, add 2-3 tablespoons of water to loosen the mixture).
- Mix in the pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice
- Mix in the sugar substitute until thoroughly combined with other ingredients. Once blended, taste mixture and add more if desired.
- Pour the mixture into a freezer-safe container. Stir in the chips. Cover and place in the freezer for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from freezer and let sit on the counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Scoop into individual chilled serving dishes and garnish with favorite topping.