This easy roasted Beef Tenderloin melts in your mouth and is bursting with rosemary and garlic. Such a simple recipe that works amazing for a week night meal or servings to guests. This beef loin recipe is a show stopper for sure.
Rosemary Garlic Beef Tenderloin
Beef tenderloin roast is a tasty cut of meat that doesn’t need much by way of seasoning because the flavor of the meat shines. You do want to make sure to salt and pepper it well and then when you add the rosemary and garlic, this recipe becomes simply amazing.
If you have been hesitant about cooking beef tenderloin, you shouldn’t be. While the beef tenderloin price tends to be around $20, it is still worth it. While beef tenderloin can be pricey, it is worth the splurge. It feeds a crowd and comes out less than what you would spend for a dinner out.
What to Serve with Beef Tenderloin
What temperatures should I cook tenderloin to?
While medium rare is the typical doneness for the best Beef Tenderloin, this is a hard question because it depends on your preferences. I like mine well done but my son, the chef, almost cries every time he sees me eat my beef loin like that. He prefers medium rare and so does everyone else in the house, so I make theirs and then put mine back in the oven. To get the right temperatures for what level of doneness you want you will want to cook the beef to the following
|Rare||120||red shiny appearance||very soft to the touch|
|Medium- Rare||130||deep red to pink|
|Medium||135||light pink in the middle||in between tender and firm|
|Medium- Well||140||light pink with gray on edges||firm with some tenderness|
Ingredients in The Best Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- White mushrooms
- Rosemary leaves
- Salt and Pepper
- Beef tenderloin roast
- Red onion – Learn How to Cut Onions without Crying
How to Cook Beef Tenderloin
Place the oven rack in the center position and pre-heat the oven to 350°F to cook the beef tenderloin roast.
Add one tablespoon of oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom and shallots and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Saute, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms and shallots develop a bit of color and soften approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
Make the sauce for Beef tenderloin. Mix the remaining oil in a small bowl with the rosemary and garlic to the oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Rub the rosemary garlic mixture on the roast top and all along the sides of the beef.
Arrange the sliced red onion on the bottom of the same skillet and place the seasoned beef tenderloin on top of the onions. Arrange the mushroom and shallot sauce around the sides of the beef and place the beef loin in the oven for 45-50 minutes for the best temperature of medium-rare or longer for more well done roast.
Remove from oven and let the beef loin roast rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
Serve this beef tenderloin with a side of Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes.
More Delicious Recipes
The Best Beef Tenderloin
- 3 T. oil divided
- 16 oz. white mushrooms sliced
- 2 large shallots sliced
- 3 T. fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- 3 T. garlic minced
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 lbs. beef tenderloin roast
- 1 large red onion sliced
- Place oven rack in center position and pre-heat oven to 350°F.
- Melt one tablespoon oil in a large, high-sided skillet over medium heat. Add the mushroom and shallots and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until the mushrooms and shallots develop a bit of color and soften, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Melt the remaining oil in a small bowl in a microwave. Add the rosemary and garlic to the coconut oil and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Rub the rosemary-garlic mixture on top and all along the sides of the beef.
- Arrange the sliced red onion on the bottom of the same skillet and place the seasoned beef tenderloin on top of the onions.
- Arrange the mushroom and shallot mixture around the sides of the beef and place in the pre-heated oven for 45-50 minutes for medium-rare or longer for more well done results.
- Remove from oven and rest for 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!