This creamy Bacon Spinach Dip is sure to be a hit – it’s creamy, easy to make, and of course, it has bacon! If you are looking for a quick party appetizer that everyone will love, this is it!
This was inspired by my Chili Cheese Dip and both of these dips go perfectly for any party or just for any reason at all.
- Frozen spinach dip
- sour cream
- vegetable dip mix
- water chestnuts
- sourdough bread
You will find the quantities listed in the recipe card.
You will find complete instructions in the recipe card that’s at the bottom of the post.
- I do not put the dip in the bread bowl until we are ready to serve it. I keep it in a storage container. I love these containers. I have a set and it works perfectly.
- If you are storing the spinach dip after the party, put it back in the storage containers. Rip up the bread bowl and use it to it the dip.
- Want to make this lower in fat? Turkey bacon has less fat than traditional bacon and is ideal for this dip.
- Don’t like water chestnuts? Leave them out. I personally am not a fan and I pick around them.
- You can prepare the dip and refrigerate 2-3 hours before serving.
Bacon Spinach Dip
- 2 boxes frozen spinach dip defrosted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 envelope vegetable dip mix
- 8 ounces can of water chestnuts drained and chopped
- 8 slices of bacon cooked and roughly chopped (more for garnish, if desired)
- 1 loaf sourdough bread
- Drain out excess water from defrosted spinach before adding spinach into a large bowl.
- To the same bowl add mayonnaise, sour cream, vegetable dip, water chestnuts, and bacon. Mix ingredients together well, being sure that everything is combined.
- Cover and refrigerate dip for 2-3 hours before serving.
How to make a bread bowl
- If deciding to add spinach into bread, take a large loaf of sourdough bread and hollow out the center. Be sure to clear at least one or two cups of bread from the inside, while assuring there’s enough bread to create a wall. Add spinach dip into the hollow and garnish with additional bacon, before serving.