This post contains affiliate links. If you buy something from them, I earn a small percentage that helps keep The Spring Mount 6 Pack running.
This is a sponsored recipe from Acme and Lucerne Dairy products. All thoughts are my own.
Recently I partnered with Acme and learned some great tips and tricks for the holidays. There are great hacks to make things easier and great recipes that work perfect for the holidays. What I loved is that the tips and recipes from Executive Chef Jeff Anderson. It can be used all year round to make life easier. The best tip of all, and it is true all year round is using high quality ingredients, like Lucerne dairy products.
If you are looking for a simple no bake dessert that also doubles as a handmade gift idea, these holiday treats are just what you are looking for. Salty and sweet makes an amazing combination. Plan to get a little messy, because for some reason I can not find a good way to dip these truffles without wearing half of the chocolate, but, think of it this way, then you get to lick your fingers just like a little kid. Go ahead, I won’t judge. While these are extremely rich, the salt cuts through some of the chocolate. Caramel & Sea Salt truffles make a the perfect decadent bite.
8 ounces Lucerne™ Cream Cheese, softened – available only at Acme
3 Tbs Lucerne™ Caramel Macchiato Creamer – available only at Acme
1/4 cup powdered sugar
3 cups milk chocolate chips, divided sea salt sprinkle
Make the filling:
1. In a medium mixing bowl, whip the cream cheese until fluffy. Add creamer and powdered sugar. Beat well.
2. Melt 1 cup of the chocolate chips in the microwave or double boiler. If using the microwave, I personally do 30 seconds, stir, then another 30 seconds. Be careful to not over heat because then it becomes a solid mess that does not melt. Add to the cream cheese mixture and stir until fully mix together.
3. Press plastic wrap onto the surface of the cream cheese mixture and refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Using a small scoop or spoon, I used a tablespoon, portion truffles on a waxed paper lined sheet. If they start to get too warm, return to refrigerator before dipping.
5. Melt the remaining 2 cups chocolate chips and dip the truffles, allowing excess chocolate to drip off before placing back on waxed paper. Garnish with a sprinkle of sea salt immediately. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.