Looking for a delicious treat that won’t ruin your diet? Weight Watchers Chocolate Donuts are the perfect solution! These low calorie chocolate donuts are covered in rich chocolate frosting, making them a real indulgence. But because they’re from Weight Watchers, you know they won’t pack on the pounds. So go ahead and enjoy one… or two!
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
WW Double Chocolate Donuts
WW Chocolate Donuts – the perfect breakfast or snack for people trying to stay on track and soothe that sweet tooth. These donuts are low calorie and taste delicious. You can have them as a breakfast or snack and they will help you stay on track with your weight loss goals.
With WW donuts, you can enjoy your favorite foods without feeling guilty. These chocolate donuts are a great way to have a treat while still staying on track with your diet.
How to Store Baked Chocolate Donuts
These chocolate donuts can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container. The donuts will last for about 3 days.
You can move the baked donuts to the refrigerator and they will last for about a week, but you might want to bring them to room temperature before eating them.
Love Recipes? Join our Facebook Group, The Best Recipes Because Mama Loves to Eat
Can I Freeze Weight Watchers Chocolate Donuts
To freeze the chocolate donuts, place them on a plate to let the frosting harden. Once the donuts are frozen, move them to a freezer bag. The donuts will last for 2 months in the freezer.
Do I Have to Use a Donut Pan?
If you don’t have a donut pan, you can use a regular muffin tin. Just spray it with cooking spray and fill the cups 2/3 of the way full. The bake time will be the same as for the donuts.
Can I Make Mini Donuts Instead?
You can use a mini donut pan instead of a regular size pan. You will get more donuts and this means each donut will be less points. The bake time is going to depend on the size of the pan so start watching it at 4 to 5 minutes.
How High Do I Fill the Donut Pans?
I like to fill the donut pans close to the top. I like to go close to the rim but don’t go all the way to the top. These donuts do not rise too much but they do rise some. Leave about 1/4 inch at the top.
Tips for Making Baked WW Chocolate Donuts
Sift the dry ingredients together to help it mix together easier.
When making these donuts, be sure to use a light hand when adding the flour. Over mixing the batter will make the donuts tough.
Use room temperature eggs.
Also, be sure to let the donuts cool completely before frosting them. If you frost them while they’re still warm, the frosting will melt and slide right off.
How Many Points are in Weight Watchers Chocolate Donuts
When you’re trying to lose weight, every little decision counts. That’s why Weight Watchers has created a line of delicious treats that won’t ruin your diet. With Weight Watchers Chocolate Donuts, you can have your cake and eat it too! These low calorie chocolate donuts are covered in rich chocolate frosting, making them a real indulgence. But because they’re from Weight Watchers, you know they won’t pack on the pounds.
On the old WW plans or Healthi plans, the Weight Watchers Points are:
- GREEN: 2 SmartPoints for 1 donut or 2 donuts for 5 SmartPoints if using egg whites or 3 Smartpoints if using a whole egg
- BLUE: 2 SmartPoints for 1 donut or 2 donuts for 5 SmartPoints
- PURPLE: 2 SmartPoints for 1 donut or 2 donuts for 5 SmartPoints
*Add 1 SmartPoint if using sprinkles
On my personalpoints plan these donuts are 2 points, since most of my food points stayed the same as it was on blue. Use the WW app to find how many points these are on your plan.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- All-purpose flour
- Unsweetened cocoa powder
- Zero-point white granulated sugar substitute , I like Swerve
- Baking powder
- Unsweetened almond milk or use The Best Oat Milk Recipe
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Sugar free frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles (optional)
- Ziploc Bag or piping bag with tip
How to Make Weight Watchers Double Chocolate Donuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 6-count donut pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
Steps 1-2: In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, white granulated sugar substitute, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
Steps 3-4: In a separate mixing bowl, add the unsweetened almond milk, egg, and unsweetened applesauce. Whisk until well combined.
Step 5: Add the wet ingredients into the flour mixture. Whisk until just combined.
Steps 6-7: Place batter into a Ziplock plastic bag or piping bag with a tip. Pipe the batter into the donut pans, filling each donut hole about 1/2 full.
Step 8: Bake the donuts for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the donuts to cool for 3 minutes before removing from donut pan.
Step 9: While donuts are cooling, make the chocolate glaze. Place the microwave safe bowl of frosting in the microwave and heat for 15 seconds and stir. Heat for an additional 8 seconds if frosting is not completely melted.
Step 10: Dip the top of each donut into melted frosting and allow the excess to drip. Place on a wire rack or plate and allow the frosting to harden. Top with *sprinkles if desired.
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Weight Watchers Chocolate Donuts
- piping bag with tip Ziploc Bag or
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup zero-point white granulated sugar substitute I like Swerve
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg at room temperature or 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar free frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 6-count donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, white granulated sugar substitute, salt, and baking powder. Whisk until well combined.
- In a separate mixing bowl, add the unsweetened almond milk, egg, and unsweetened applesauce. Whisk until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients. Whisk until just combined.
- Place batter into a Ziplock bag or piping bag with a tip. Pipe the batter into the donut pans, filling each donut hole about 1/2 full.
- Bake the donuts for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the donuts to cool for 3 minutes before removing from donut pan.
- While donuts are cooling, place bowl of frosting in the microwave and heat for 15 seconds and stir. Heat for an additional 8 seconds if frosting is not completely melted.
- Dip the top of each donut into melted frosting and allow the excess to drip. Place on a plate and allow the frosting to harden. Top with *sprinkles if desired.
BLUE: 2 SmartPoints for 1 donut or 2 donuts for 5 SmartPoints
PURPLE: 2 SmartPoints for 1 donut or 2 donuts for 5 SmartPoints
*Add 1 SmartPoint if using sprinkles