Are you dreading the moving process? Did you know that the average American moves 11 times in their life? Do you know how stressful and expensive it can be to move 11 times in your lifetime? And no, we are not exclusively talking about how much it costs to hire the Irvine movers, but the overall stress and costs involved in the moving process. The entire experience can be very stressful and take a toll on your mental and physical, health.
Fortunately, there are many ways to make the moving process less stressful and more fun, and they’re all listed below!
1) Check Out Cool New Places
When you’re in a new place, it can be all too easy to fall into a slump. So, if you find yourself in need of some inspiration, here are some places to check out:
* The local library – if you’re looking for books on your topic of interest or just want a quiet space, libraries are always a good bet.
* Your local coffee shop – not only do they have delicious drinks and snacks, but many coffee shops also have free Wi-Fi and comfortable seating for working on your laptop.
* Public spaces – there’s a reason libraries and coffee shops are popular places for people to work. Public parks can be great places to grab some fresh air, and many public spaces also have free Wi-Fi. If you’d rather stay inside, try checking out the nearest mall and taking advantage of the Wi-Fi. You’ll also find plenty of other distractions like stores, food courts, arcades, and movie theaters!
2) Do Stuff Together
The moving process can be a lot of work, but with a little planning and some creativity, you can make it more fun. There are endless ways to make this process more enjoyable, so here are just six:
Host a dinner party at your new place! Invite friends over for dinner and drinks. Start your first day in your new place by going on a walk or jogging around your neighborhood. Get familiar with the area before heading back home.
3) Take Turns Packing
If you’re moving with a partner, take turns packing. One person can pack clothes while the other pack’s everything else. It’s a good idea to make sure that both people are satisfied with what they packed before continuing to the next room. You can also save time by packing boxes as you go so that you don’t have to unpack just one box at a time.
4) Play Music, Open Champagne
Moving can be a daunting task, but it doesn’t have to be. By following these six easy steps, you can make moving less of a headache and more of an adventure! First, play your favorite music as loud as you want. Second, open some champagne and share it with your friends or family members.
Third, pack up all your belongings while listening to music. Fourth, get in touch with a moving company so that they can provide you with professional help with packing and transportation. Fifth, when you arrive at your new home, do not unpack right away. Instead, go out for dinner or drinks with those who helped you move. Finally, when you are ready to unpack your items and put them in their new places, start by unpacking one box at a time so that the process feels manageable instead of overwhelming!
5) Pack One Room at a Time
No matter how well you plan and prepare, you can’t avoid getting stressed when it comes to moving days. To make things a little easier, try packing one room at a time. You’ll have your bedroom set up before any other part of the house so that when you’re ready for bed each night, all you have to do is grab your pajamas and head upstairs!
6) Plan Something Nice to Do Once You’re Settled
Once you’ve moved in, it’s always nice to do something special. And it doesn’t have to be anything expensive! Here are five simple things that you can do once you’ve settled into your new home.
– Set up a plant or flowers on your porch, balcony, or windowsill.
– Host a potluck dinner with friends and family.
– Take some time out of your day for yourself: Take a bubble bath, read a book, paint your nails – Whatever you want!
– Write down all the reasons why this move was for the best and hang them up in an inspiring place where you will see them every day.
– Create an outdoor space that is perfect for entertaining guests: Build a fire pit or picnic table so when friends come over, they feel welcomed and at ease.
Moving a house is a tedious job that can consume your time, money, and effort. Moreover, it can leave you mentally and physically drenched. However, you can always try and make the process fun with the help of these tips. So, next time when you are moving a house, make sure you enjoy the process and make it easy and less stressful on yourself as well as the family.
Leave a Reply