If you are looking for the most refreshing summer cocktail, you have to try this Frozen Watermelon Slushie. Frozen watermelon mixed with premium vodka and sweetened with maple syrup, this is a one of a kind drink that is so easy to make.
Frozen Watermelon Slushie
During the hot summer afternoon, a slushie cocktail is amazing. I love that this frozen watermelon cocktail is light and refreshing.
What is Watermelon Slush?
Watermelon slush is a mixture of frozen watermelon that has been blended with ice. It is sweetened without refined sugar and mixed with passion tea. The combination makes an amazing flavor.
Can I Make This an NonAlcoholic Slush?
If you wanted to make this a nonalcoholic slushie you can eliminated the vodka. The flavor is still there and it makes a light refreshing drink the whole family can enjoy.
Variations to This Drink
If you can not find watermelon on sale or you just want to change up this drink, you can substitute cantaloupe for the watermelon. You can also swap the vodka for tequila.
Another change you can make to this recipe, you can also not use the Tazo® Passion® tea and just use water. The tea gives more flavor but if you do not have it on hand you can swap it.
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
How Many Weight Watchers Points in this Frozen Watermelon Cocktail
This is a low point cocktail but since you are blending the fruit, you need to count the watermelon as a food with points instead of a 0 point food. I know some people do not count the points of blended fruit in a drink because they get the full feeling, but for this recipe, I am counting them.
If you use maple syrup, this cocktail has 4 points per serving on all plans.
If you use sugar free maple syrup, this cocktail has 3 points per serving on all plans.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Seedless watermelon
- Chilled brewed Tazo® Passion® tea
- Fresh lime juice
- Maple syrup
- Fresh mint
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Premium vodka (optional)
- Fresh mint (optional garnish)
- Small watermelon wedges (optional garnish)
How to Make a Watermelon Slushie
Add frozen watermelon cubes, chilled tea (or water), lime juice, maple syrup, and fresh mint to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until thoroughly combined, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add ice cubes, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
Pour watermelon mixture into six chilled glasses and top each with a 1 to 1½ oz. floater of premium vodka, if desired. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and/or watermelon wedges, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
More Delicious Cocktails
- Black Widow Drink
- Alice in Wonderland Drink Me Potion
- Pumpkin Cocktail
- Cookies and Cream Frozen Cocktail
- Texas Ranch Water
- Holiday Cocktails for all seasons
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Adult Frozen Watermelon Slushie
- 6 c. seedless watermelon cut into small chunks and frozen
- 2 c. chilled brewed Tazo® Passion® tea or water*
- ¼ c. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. maple syrup WW use sugar free
- 2 T. fresh mint
- 6-8 large ice cubes optional
- 4-6 oz. premium vodka optional
- Sprigs of fresh mint
- Small watermelon wedges
- Add frozen watermelon, chilled tea (or water), lime juice, maple syrup, and fresh mint to a high-powered blender. Blend on high until thoroughly combined, approximately 2-3 minutes. Add ice cubes, if necessary, to achieve desired consistency.
- Pour watermelon mixture into six chilled glasses and top each with a 1 to 1½ oz. floater of premium vodka, if desired. Garnish with sprigs of fresh mint and/or watermelon wedges, if using, and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Leave a Reply