This post contains affiliate links. If you purchase something from these links, The Spring Mount 6 Pack earns a small commission.
Mother’s Day is getting close. Have you thought of an idea to give her for Mother’s Day? Don’t deal with buying flowers. She doesn’t need another coffee mug unless it is while you are bringing her breakfast in bed. A lot of people want to make breakfast in bed for mom on Mother’s Day. But what if you are looking to make something different. Well when Gaea.com shared a recipe for Feta and Olive Oil Cakes, I knew it was something unique to make Mom for Mother’s Day.
5.30 ounces (or a little less than ¾ cup) feta cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 1/4 Tbsp. honey
1 cup all-purpose flour
3.50 ounces (or a little less than ½ cup) ground almonds
1 tsp. baking powder
Gaea Pitted Kalamata olives, cut in half
Brown sugar for garnishing
Feta and Olive Oil Cakes
- 5.30 ounces or a little less than ¾ cup feta cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 1/4 Tbsp. honey
- 1/2 cup Gaea's Kalamata D.O.P. Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3.50 ounces or a little less than ½ cup ground almonds
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- Gaea Pitted Kalamata olives cut in half
- Brown sugar for garnishing
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- You will need to blend the cheese with the sugar and honey until it is smooth.
- Next add the olive oil.
- Combine the flour with the ground almonds and baking powder and add to the mixing bowl.
- Divide the batter among 6 greased individual cake molds and top each with half an olive.
- Sprinkle the top of batter with brown sugar and bake for about 25 minutes.