Looking for a way to use leftover turkey? Want a turkey stroganoff recipe that is easy to make and tastes amazing? use this turkey stroganoff recipe to use leftover turkey.
Stoganoff is a great tasting dish. While it is usually made with beef, I love making it with turkey. Turkey tends to be healthier and I can also find turkey on the reduced section often, which means this becomes a very inexpensive dish to make. Since this recipe calls for making turkey stroganoff with leftover turkey, it makes the dinner even more affordable.
Ground Turkey Stroganoff
I have seen stroganoff recipes that were a ground turkey stroganoff. I have made it several times and everyone loves it. Since I have been trying to use the leftover turkey, I have been looking for leftover turkey recipes. What better way to use leftover turkey than replacing the turkey in a ground turkey stroganoff and make it with leftover turkey.
Left Over Turkey Recipes
We have several really tasty leftover turkey recipes. Since I am sucker for soup we have made 2 different soups with leftover turkey: White bean and turkey soup and Turkey Soup. I have also made a Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole and these Loaded Thanksgiving Potatoes. No matter what ways to use leftover turkey, it is always delicious.
This recipe has been shared with us for use from
- 9 oz. wide egg noodles
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups/8 oz. finely chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups/4 oz. sliced cremini mushrooms
- 6 Tbsp./3 oz. dry white wine
- 6 Tbsp./2 oz. dried cranberries preferably unsweetened
- 3 cups/12 oz. shredded cooked white and dark meat turkey
- 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 12 oz. reduced fat sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. chopped parsley
- Place a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the vegetable oil and sauté the onions and mushrooms until softened and starting to brown (about 8 minutes).
- Deglaze the pan with the white wine, and add the cranberries. Simmer until most of the liquid has evaporated (about 2 minutes).
- Stir in the turkey, Dijon mustard, and sour cream. Remove from heat.
- Adjust seasoning to taste. Divide the noodles between 6 bowls and top with stroganoff mixture. Sprinkle with parsley.