This amazing Pork Tenderloin with Applesauce is tender and flavorful. With only a few ingredients, this is a perfect dinner any night of the week.
Pork Tenderloin with Applesauce
I love it when I get to make this pork tenderloin with applesauce. It is so delicious and filling. This tenderloin requires very little prep work. Adding a simple side dish or salad and this makes an incredible dinner.
How do I Know Pork Is Done Cooking?
When you are making any kind of pork, it is important to make sure it is cooked all the way through or else you can get sick. You want to make sure the pork is cooked to at least 145 degrees when using a meat thermometer. When making ground pork, you want it to be 160 degrees. If you do not have a meat thermometer, you can also tell that the pork is cooked when the juices of the pork run clean or only very faintly pink.
Can I Use Chunky Applesauce with This Pork Recipe?
The applesauce is part of the rub that goes on the pork tenderloin. It adds moisture, keep the pork tender and gives it the most amazing flavor. Since apples are included in this recipe, the chunky parts of the apple sauce will settle in the pan with the other apples in the pan. So you can use any style of apple sauce you have on hand.
What to Serve With Pork Tenderloin
- Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes or Garlic Chive Cauliflower Mash - Pork and mashed potatoes are perfect together. If you are trying to eat fewer carbs or want to get more vegetables in your diet, the cauliflower mas is a perfect side dish too.
- Cowboy Caviar Recipe- This is a delicious side dish. Packed with a ton of flavor and healthy ingredients, this no cook side dish will taste amazing with the pork tenderloin
- Apple Butternut Squash Casserole- This is the perfect side dish to go with this pork tenderloin.
- Oven Roasted Cauliflower- Roasted cauliflower tastes amazing. When you roast the vegetables, it gives an amazing flavor.
- Cheesy Crash Hot Potatoes- These crispy and creamy potatoes are covered with cheese and absolutely amazing.
- Tri-Color Rosemary Roasted Potatoes- These potatoes are crispy and creamy and absolutely amazing.
- Unsweetened applesauce
- Dijon mustard
- Fresh rosemary leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Pork tenderloin
How to Make a Pork Tenderloin with Applesauce
To make the pork tenderloin with applesauce, place the oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine applesauce, honey, Dijon mustard, and rosemary leaves in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat, or use a large skillet, heat safe, or shallow roasting pan. Generously season the pork loin with salt and black pepper, to taste. Brown roast on all sides, approximately 5-10 minutes.
Remove from heat and with half of the applesauce mixture, spread over roast. Arrange the chopped apples around the sides of the pork and place in the pre-heated oven.
Roast for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and flip the pork and for the apples, stir occasionally. Brush with remaining applesauce mixture and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through and the apples are tender.
Remove from oven and cover loosely to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- 1 c. unsweetened applesauce
- 3 T. honey
- 2 T. sugar-free Dijon mustard
- 3 T. fresh rosemary leaves chopped
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 T. oil
- 1½ lbs. pork tenderloin
- 3 medium firm apples cored and chopped
- Place the oven rack in the center position and preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine applesauce, honey, Dijon mustard, and rosemary leaves in a small bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil over medium high heat in a large oven-safe skillet over medium heat. Generously season the pork loin with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook until browned and evenly seared on all sides, approximately 5-10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and spread half of the applesauce mixture all over the top and sides of the pork. Arrange the chopped apples around the sides of the pork and place it in the pre-heated oven.
- Roast for 20 minutes, then remove from oven and flip the pork. Brush with remaining applesauce mixture and return to the oven for another 20-25 minutes, or until the pork is cooked through.
- Pork Tenderloin with Applesauce
- Remove from oven and cover loosely to rest for 5 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
- Pork Tenderloin with Applesauce