Is there anything better than a chocolate chip muffin? What if that muffin was a healthy banana chocolate chip muffin that was perfect for breakfast? Get this Healthy Banana chocolate chip muffin with peanut butter recipe.
Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Muffins might be for breakfast, but most people know that muffins are just cupcakes without icing. If you want to make a healthy chocolate chip muffin, this is the recipe for you. This is a banana chocolate chip muffin recipe that you won’t mind if you kids eat for breakfast, lunch or snack.
Are Chocolate Chip Muffins Healthy?
Normally, no. Most chocolate chip muffins are filled with refined sugar and white flour. While, believe me, coming from a dessert lover, I won’t say that sugar is evil. However, I don’t want the kids eating a ton of sugar for breakfast. These banana chocolate chip muffins are healthy so the kids can eat up.
How to Serve this Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Of course, you can serve these muffins just as is. Muffins are great for a grab and go breakfast. However, I like to serve muffin grilled. I cut the muffins in half and put butter on each side. Slightly brown the buttered edges in a frying pan. OMG, these are so good.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
These muffins are so good and easy to make. They make a simple Weight Watcher Peanut Butter Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin breakfast. Everyone in our house absolutely loves these muffins. Serving size is 2 muffins.
- Purple: 2 Points
- Blue: 2 Points
- Green: 3 Points
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Need a oatmeal breakfast cookie recipe that is only 29 calories? 3 Ingredient Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
Ingredients for Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Ripe bananas
- PB2 Powder
- Sugar Free maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Baking soda
- Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
How to Make Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a 12-muffin cup tin with 8 paper liners.
Make the PB2 Powder by mixing 6 tablespoons together with 3 tablespoons of water. You want the mixture to be thick, like peanut butter
In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, PB2 Powder mixture, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract.
Whisk briskly into a fairly smooth batter. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chunks until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
Divide the batter between the 8 muffin cups and place in the pre-heated oven to bake until cooked through and puffy, approximately 18-20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the muffin tin to serve. Enjoy!
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas:
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Cranberry Eggnog Breakfast Bake
- Maple Cranberry Granola Pancakes
- Sweet Potato Frittata
- Blueberry Almond Granola Recipe
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Healthy Peanut Butter Chocolate Chunk Muffins
- 2 large ripe bananas mashed
- 6 TBSP PB2 Powder
- 3 TBSP Water
- ¼ c. sugar maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- ¼ t. baking soda
- ¼ t. salt
- 60 Lily Dark Chocolate Chips
- 1 T flour
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and line a 12-muffin cup tin with 8 paper liners.
- Make the PB2 Powder by mixing 6 tablespoons together with 3 tablespoons of water. You want the mixture to be thick, like peanut butter
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bananas, PB2 Powder mixture, maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract.
- Whisk briskly into a fairly smooth batter. Add the flour, baking soda, and salt and stir to combine. Fold in the chocolate chunks until evenly distributed throughout the batter.
- Divide the batter between the 8 muffin cups and place in the pre-heated oven to bake until cooked through and puffy, approximately 18-20 minutes. A toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.Remove from oven and allow muffins to cool for 10-15 minutes before removing from the muffin tin to serve. Enjoy!