These Cadbury Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies are a fun and delicious twist on chocolate chip cookies! If you are looking for a festive Easter cookie, this is it! This kid-friendly cookie recipe will also be a great way to get the kids in the kitchen.
Cadbury Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
I love creating bright and colorful desserts for Easter. It’s such a fun holiday as well as a great way to get off Spring. I think my favorite thing about Spring is how everything is new again.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step by step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- All-purpose Flour – make sure you have this type of flour.
- Baking soda – this will be your leveling agent.
- Salt – an important ingredient in any great dessert.
- Unsalted butter – it must be unsalted. Do NOT use regular.
- Sugar – because all cookies need sugar.
- Brown sugar – this type of sugar adds a delish flavor to the cookies.
- Eggs – this is your binding ingredient.
- Pure Vanilla Extract – make sure it’s pure and not imitation.
- Semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels – You can also use mini chocolate chips.
- Cadbury mini eggs – the final touch on this cute Spring cookies.
- medium cookie scoop
FAQ About the Recipe
After the cookies have completely cooled, you can store them in an air-tight container for up to a week in a cool and dry place.
Yes, you can.
If you bake them, let them cool and place them on a parchment lined cookie sheet and place them in the freezer until they are frozen.
Then place the cookies in a freezer-safe container and place wax paper between the layers. They will last in the freezer for up to three months.
If you are making the dough up and NOT baking them, follow the steps above, except for the baking.
To bake the cookies, pre-heat the oven to 350 and place the frozen dough on a silicone lined cookie sheet and bake 12 – 15 minutes. They will take a bit longer since they are frozen.
Ready to Make This Cadbury Mini Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies?
To get the full list of ingredients and instructions, please refer to the printable recipe card below. I have included a few in-process photos below for your reference.
Step 1: Preheat the oven and prepare the cookie sheet.
Step 2: Sift together to the flour, baking soda, and salt in a glass medium-sized bowl.
Step 3: Cream the butter and sugars together in a large bowl using a stand mixer or hand-held mixer.
Step 4: Beat the eggs and vanilla into the mixture until combined.
Step 5: Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until everything is thoroughly mixed together.
Step 6: Using a spatula, fold the chocolate chips into the dough.
Step 7: So that your cookies don’t spread out while baking, place the dough in the fridge for 1 – 2 hours.
Step 8: Scoop out the dough and place the balls onto the cookie sheet.
Step 9: Press two to three of the candy eggs into each cookie.
Step 10: Bake and allow to cool
Step 11: Enjoy.
- Hershey Kiss Cookies
- Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Hocus Pocus Cookies
- Cake Mix Cookies
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Cookies
Cadbury Egg Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 ½ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 2 sticks unsalted butter softened
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chip morsels
- 2 9 or 10 ounce packages Cadbury mini eggs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare a baking sheet with parchment or use a baking stone.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugars until well incorporated and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat until combined. Scrape down the sides and then add the flour mixture, beating just until mixed.
- Stir in the chocolate chip morsels to the cookie dough.
- To avoid spreading when the cookies bake, refrigerate the dough for at least one hour. If you can’t wait, space the cookies about 2 inches apart.
- Using a cookie scoop, portion the dough and place on the prepared baking sheet. Press two to three Cadbury mini eggs into each cookie.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes or until the cookies edges are lightly browned. Allow cookies to cool on the baking sheet for about 8 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.