These soft and chewy 3 ingredient cake mix cookies, also known as Cake Batter Cookies, are the perfect choice for a quick and easy to make cookie recipe. This is a great versatile recipe that you will want to always have on hand.
Easy Cookie Recipe
I love baking but sometimes, I want a fresh from the oven treat that takes me less than 20 minutes to pull together.
This recipe is the perfect quick and easy recipe. I can make delicious, mouth-watering cake mix cookies with only three ingredients. Plus, you can make these in almost any flavor!
- Dry Cake Mix of your Choice– The beauty of these cookies is that you can use whatever flavor of cake mix you like. The flavor of the cookies will depend on the cake mix flavors you use.
- Eggs– I always recommend using room temperature eggs in baking. I find that it just gives a better texture to the finished product.
- Oil– You can use vegetable oil or canola oil.
🔪How to Make Easy Cake Mix Cookies, Basic Recipe
How Do You Make Cake Mix Cookies? It couldn’t be easier.
Mix the cookie ingredients together in a large bowl.
Scoop the cookies onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake them to perfection. Let the cookies cool on a cooling rack.
🧾Substitutions for the Delicious Recipe
- In lieu of oil, you can sub melted butter. Just use 2/3 cups of unsalted butter.
📖Different Variations for Easy Cookies
- Besides the cake mix, you can choose different add-ins as well, which means, you can literally create every flavor of cookie imaginable from strawberry cake mix to make strawberry cookies to red velvet cake mix cookies. Use devil’s food cake mix to make chocolate cake mix cookies. These 3 ingredient cookies can be made with any boxed cake mix to create different flavors. Just use your favorite cake mix.
- You can use whatever brand of cake mix, like Betty Crocker, that you prefer.
- Different Mix-ins: Add in things like for chocolate chip cookies, white chocolate chips, peanut butter chips,
- You can also use these cookies as a base for an ice cream sandwich cookies!
- Funfetti – these are so much fun to make.
- Eggless – you can use yogurt or buttermilk instead. Use one-fourth cup of yogurt to replace 1 egg.
- Air Fryer – Set the temperature to 370 and bake the cookies for 4 minutes. Then, let the cookies sit in the air fryer for another 4 minutes.
- Unicorn Cake Mix Cookies
- Lemon Cake Mix Cookies
- Easy Cake Mix Peanut Butter Cookies
- Mixing bowl– Use a glass or metal bowl or use the one that comes with your stand mixer.
- Mixer– You can use a hand mixer or. stand mixer when making these 3 ingredient cake mix cookies.
- Cookie Scoop– I prefer this one. It is a nice quality at a nice price.
- Baking sheet– Avoid using older dark colored cookie sheets. Use a lighter color or copper colored pan in order to get the best results.
- Parchment Paper- Using parchment paper or a silicone mat on your cookie sheets will help prevent the cookies from sticking.
Storing the Easiest Cookie Recipe
Counter: You can keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Refrigerator: I do not recommend storing these in the refrigerator.
Freezer: You can freeze these. Place the cooled cookies on a plate or baking sheet and place it in the freezer. Freeze the cookies for an hour and then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag.
🔎Top Tips for Making 3 Ingredient Cake Mix Cookie Recipe
- You can make the cookie batter up to 5 days in advance and store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
- You can form the cookies 2 ways. You can drop the batter on the cookie sheet using spoonful, about 1.5 tablespoon. I like to use a cookie or ice cream scoop, size 50.
- Be sure you do not overbake or you will have burnt, hard cookies.
What if the bottom of the cookies burn?
While no one wants to burn their cookies, the good news is that you only bake one cookie sheet at a time, so you can easily adjust and not lose the whole batch.
What if the cookies are too greasy?
This can happen when you add too much oil to the recipe. be careful to measure the oil carefully when you are making the recipe. If the cookies feel greasy once they are baked, you can place them on a paper towel to soak up some of the grease from the bottom.
Are these WW friendly?
These cookies as they are slightly high in WW points. That is because they are loaded with sugar and oil. If you make a few swaps, like use sugar free cake mix and applesauce instead of oil, you make these WW cookies comes in at about 2 points per cookie. This may change slightly depending on your personal point plan.
Love Recipes? Join our Facebook Group, The Best Must Try Recipes, Easy Delicious Recipes for Everyone
Cake Mix Cookies
- 1 box Cake Mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mix together cake mix, eggs and oil in a bowl.
- Make little cookie sized balls with the dough and set on greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes.