Marinated chicken breast is a delicious and easy meal to make that your whole family will love. It’s perfect for busy weeknights or when you’re entertaining guests! Plus, this recipe can be easily frozen for later use. Take a look at our step by step tutorial on how to make the chicken in marinade.
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
Marinated Chicken Recipe
Every time I make this recipe it turns out delicious. It’s a really easy recipe that anyone can do and you’ll be surprised how much flavor they add to the dish. One of my favorite things about this recipe is that it has almost no carbs! Which is great whether you are following a low carb or keto diet or Weight Watchers, which wants you to opt for lower carb, high protein foods.
What temperature should chicken be cooked to
It is really important that poultry is cooked to the right internal temperature. This is because otherwise, chicken can cause a foodborne illness, or food poisoning. Cook it until the internal temperature it 165 degrees. You will want to stick the thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken. If there is a bone, make sure you are not touching the bone. Once the chicken is at the correct temperature, remove it from the oven and let it rest for at least 3 minutes before you slice into it.
How much marinade do I need per 1 lb. of chicken?
When you are making the marinade you want to have about 1/2 cup of marinade per 1.5 lbs of chicken. While this recipe uses the right amounts of what you need, if you change the recipe in order to make more servings, you want to increase the marinade as well.
How Long Should I Marinate the Chicken
When you are making this marinated chicken, you need to marinate it for a minimum for 30 minutes, but it is preferably that you marinate it for closer to 4 hours to overnight. However, I know there are plenty of times, I am making dinner at the last minute and I only have 30 minutes to marinate.
Can You Marinate Chicken For Too Long
Some people think that “hey if overnight is better, then days will be even better.” While you can marinate chicken for up to 2 days, you can marinate it for too long. If you do it for longer than 2 days, the marinated chicken breast will actually get tougher, especially if it is a lemon juice, vinegar or other acidic based recipe.
If you can’t get to the chicken to cook it within 2 days, then place the entire thing in the freezer and thaw it when you are ready to cook it right away.
How to Freeze Uncooked Marinated Chicken
I love making freezer meals. It makes getting food on the table a breeze on those busy days. If planning to prepare as a freezer meal, you can combine all ingredients in a large ziptop bag and remove as much air as possible before freezing for 1 month. Then you can simply take it out of the freezer, thaw it and cook it for dinner.
How to Store
To store the cooked chicken, you want to put it in airtight container or wrap it well with plastic wrap or aluminum foil. Keep it in the refrigerator for up 5 days.
How to Reheat
To reheat the leftovers, make sure you heat it to 250 degrees in the inside. You can reheat it in the oven or in the microwave. Another option is to slice the chicken and reheat it in a frying pan over medium high heat.
How Many Weight Watchers Points
I have always struggled to figure out how to add the points for a marinade. Because most of the marinade doesn’t get eaten; it is left in the pan. So I don’t want to count all of it. However, the meat does soak up some. So what do you do to count the points in a marinade. I have asked Weight Watchers. afew times, to make sure I would get the same answers, and the final decision I have come to, since many of the coaches have said it, it if the marinade has oil and sugar, count it as 1 points per serving. If not, don’t count the marinade.
That means this recipes comes in at:
- Blue and Purple: 1 points
- Green: 5 points
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
- Chicken Breasts
- olive oil
- lemon juice
- Worcestershire sauce
- brown sugar
- white pepper
- onion powder
How to Make Marinated Chicken Breast
Place the breasts in a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and set aside.
In a medium-sized bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and Worchestershire sauce.
Place the brown sugar and water in a small microwave-safe dish and melt for 20 seconds.
Add the melted brown sugar to the olive oil mixture, then stir in the garlic and seasonings.
Pour the marinade over the breast.
Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
Preheat oven to 425F.
Bake for 30 minutes, then flip and continue baking for 5-10 minutes until an inserted meat thermometer reaches 165F.
Are you on Facebook? We are too. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun!
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Marinated Chicken Breast
- 5 Chicken Breasts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Place the breasts in a 9″ x 13″ casserole dish and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the olive oil, lemon juice and Worchestershire sauce.
- Place the brown sugar and water in a small microwave-safe dish and melt for 20 seconds.
- Add the melted brown sugar to the olive oil mixture, then stir in the garlic and seasonings.
- Pour the marinade over the breast.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then flip and continue baking for 5-10 minutes until an inserted meat thermometer reaches 165F.
Weight Watchers Points
- Blue and Purple: 1 points
- Green: 5 points