Looking for a Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup? It doesn’t get any easier than this. This delicious Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce will satisfy those sweet cravings without sending you off track. It is chocolately and sweet and perfection when added to fruit or other low calorie treats.
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
How to Make Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce
I am a huge dessert person. That has always been part of the problem. I love sweets. Since changing to a healthier eating plan, I have had to give up dessert, the way that I used to eat it. I want to stay not track but sometimes I have to have some dessert. I have been working hard to find Weight Watchers desserts that not only taste amazing and keep me from feeling deprived but that will also make the rest of the family happy. Much like my Weight Watchers cheesecake, this sugar free chocolate syrup disappears once the family knows about it.
How to Store Sugar Free Chocolate Sauce?
Keep the sauce in an airtight container. You can use a mason jar or something similar. I like to use something I can get a spoon into the top of or a squeeze bottle so that it is easy to use.
Can I Use a Different Sweetener?
You want a sweetener that equals 1/2 cup. I tend to use Splenda. This is a one to one sugar alternative. Some other choices, like Stevia, are sweeter than others which means it will need less sweetener.
Can I Make This Dairy Free?
There are 3 ways that you can make this sauce. You can use almond milk, skim milk, or fat free half and half. If you want a dairy free version of this recipe, you can use almond milk, or use The Best Oat Milk Recipe and you can also use water. The water will make a very thin sauce but it will still taste fantastic.
What to Serve with This Sauce
There is no end to what you can serve with this chocolate sauce. Of course, I like to serve it fresh fruit, as a fruit kabob or drizzles over strawberries to recreate chocolate-covered strawberries, because it adds that extra decadence to the fruit and makes it feel like dessert. It can also be served with some of my other Weight Watchers desserts like:
- The Best WW Air Fryer Funnel Cake Bites– Dip these funnel cake bites in the sauce or drizzle over the top.
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites – This sugar free chocolate sauce is great drizzled over the pumpkin cheesecake bites or use this chocolate sauce with my 0 point cheesecake.
- Rocky Road Cupcakes- Replace the store bought in this recipe and use this sugar free chocolate syrup instead.
- Pumpkin Pancakes– These pancakes are not dessert but they will taste like it when you drizzle a little chocolate sauce over them.
- Ice Cream- Of course, this will taste amazing poured over any of our ice cream recipes- Chocolate Ice Cream, Strawberry Ice Cream, Vanilla Bean Raspberry Ice Cream, Chocolate Mint Ice Cream, Creamy Banana Ice Cream, or over these Very Berry Ice Cream recipes.
Is This a Keto Chocolate Syrup
This can easily be a keto chocolate syrup. Since with keto, you want the added fat, you will want to swap the almond milk for heavy cream. This will create a much thicker version of this chocolate sauce. Everything else will be the same.
How Long Will It Last
This recipe will last for about 2 to 3 weeks when it is stored properly. Make sure to keep this recipe in the refrigerator.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
There are 3 ways that you can make this syrup. You can make it with almond milk, skim milk, or fat-free half and half. I am going to be including the points for all 3 versions. A serving size is 2 tablespoons.
Made with Almond Milk: Almond milk is a great dairy alternative and will make this sauce a little lower in points. 1 point per serving on all plans.
Made with Skim Milk: This is my preferred way to make this chocolate syrup. It comes in at 2 points per serving on all plans.
Fat Free Half and Half– If you want a thicker version of this chocolate sauce, you can also use fat-free half and half. This version comes in at 2 points per serving on all plans.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Almond Milk, skim milk or half and half, or use The Best Oat Milk Recipe
- Sugar Substitute
- Vanilla Extract
How to Make Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
Using a saucepan, mix together the milk and cocoa powder.
Whisk together over medium heat until there are no more clumps.
Once the milk starts to boil, reduce the heat and cook for about 4 minutes.
Stir the sauce as needed.
Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for several minutes.
Add in the vanilla and sugar substitute and whisk it together it well.
Store in an airtight container.
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Sugar Free Chocolate Syrup
- ¾ cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 ¼ cup almond milk, skim milk or fat free half and half
- ⅓ cup Sugar substitute 1 to 1 or the equivalent of 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- Using a saucepan, mix together the milk and cocoa powder.
- Whisk together over medium heat until there are no more clumps.
- Once the milk starts to boil, reduce the heat and cook for about 4 minutes. Stir the sauce as needed.
- Remove the pot from the heat and let it sit for several minutes.
- Add in the vanilla and sugar substitute and whisk it together it well.
- Store in an airtight container.
Soooo, what size is a serving?
Spot on chocolate syrup, I put mine in the fridge….. It turned into thick fudge, oh boy, even better!