Are you looking for a fun and easy way to keep your little ones busy on these hot summer days? Then this Mama and Baby Bird Nest Craft is perfect for you! It’s easy, inexpensive and the materials are safe for babies. This craft is so much fun because it helps develop fine motor skills as well as teaches children about colors. You’ll have lots of birds nesting all around your house!
Mama and Baby Bird Nest Craft
This Birds Nest Craft only uses a couple of materials to create such a tiny and cute bird nest. You can have your kiddos make a mama bird and baby place in a nest made out of paper with some shredded paper in the front to resemble a nest. This is a simple and creative idea that may be a super fun idea that your children will love.
- Cardboard- This will be cut and shaped into the nest.
- Construction Paper- You will need this in the color brown.
- Brown Paper- You will need this to be shredded, some stores carry pre-shredded.
- Feathers- You will need yellow feathers for the birds.
- Bowl- This will be used as a measuring device to cut the nest.
- Scissors- You will need craft scissors for safety.
- Glue- You can get craft glue from any store.
- Marker- You will need a permanent sharpie to make lines.
- Coloring Utensils- You will need colored pencils, markers, or crayons to color.
- Template- Follow this Bird Template PDF to make this craft.
How to Make Paper Plate Bird Craft
First, place cardboard onto your workspace, and put a bowl facedown on top.
Second, use your Sharpie marker to trace all around the bowl that is facing down. Next, use your craft scissors to cut the circle out of the cardboard. Then, fold the circle in half.
If you want your craft to stand up when it’s displayed, then you can leave the circle whole and just fold it in half.
Next, use the craft scissors to cut strips out of the construction paper. You will not need a ruler or any type of measurement, just cut away!
Now, begin placing the strips of paper onto the nest in any type of design you want using glue.
After, take some of the shredded brown paper and glue it to the nest.
Ask a parent to go on their computer and print out the bird template. Then, use craft scissors to cut them out.
Finally, using any type of coloring utensils you want, whether it be colored pencils, markers, or crayons coloring in your template, and then add on the yellow feathers with glue.
What Age is This Craft for?
This nest craft is more so for younger children. But, children of all ages can do this craft. This nest craft is not difficult in any way and can easily be a fun activity for everyone to enjoy. I also recommend that the parents be the ones to do the cutting for this craft.
What Can I Use This Bird Craft for?
Not only is this mama and baby bird craft, super fun and entertaining for children of all ages. You can learn a lot by building this craft. This craft can help your children learn about baby birds while enjoying the beauty of spring because this is a great afternoon activity for outside or inside.
How Do I Make a Baby Bird?
You can make the mama and baby bird in this craft, by using the template in the supply list. This template can be printed and cut out. Then, all you need to do is add a bit of color using colored pencils, markers, or crayons.
Are you looking for a fun and easy way to keep your little ones busy on these hot summer days? Then this Mama and Baby Bird Nest Craft is perfect for you! It's easy, inexpensive and the materials are safe for babies. This craft is so much fun because it helps develop fine motor skills as well as teaches children about colors. You'll have lots of birds nesting all around your house!
- Brown Construction Paper
- Brown Shredded Paper
- Yellow Feathers
- Craft Scissors
- Craft Glue
- Sharpie Marker
- Colored Pencils, markers, or crayons
- Bird Template PDF
- Place your bowl face down on the cardboard and trace around it with your sharpie marker. Cut around the circle and then fold it in half. You can either cut the cardboard in half or you can keep it folded so it can “stand” up on display!
- Cut your construction paper into strips. No need to measure, just cut away! Glue the strips to your nest in any design you like.
- Glue some of your shredded paper onto the nest.
- Print out your mama and baby bird template. Cut them out.
- Color your mama and baby bird. Glue on your feathers. Enjoy your craft!