Eggs in a mug is a simple and easy breakfast idea. Breakfast is ready in minutes and it has all the flavors of a regular omelette. With this lightened up breakfast recipe, these scrambled eggs in a mug are ready in no time, with half the fat and calories.
This year I have been working on eating better and that means I need to eat breakfast everyday. Well, breakfast that is more than just coffee. But I don’t have the time or energy to cook first thing in the morning. Microwave eggs in a mug are the perfect solution.
Mug eggs are great because I can add in anything that I would like in my omelette but it take only minutes to make. I simply put egg in a mug and then it can go right into the microwave. Breakfast is ready in no time.
Since I am watching what I eat, I am also concerned with making smarter choices. I love sausage. I really love it but my new healthier diet does not. I needed to find something that is less calories and fat. So instead of using regular sausage in my mug eggs, I am using turkey sausage. It is a simple way to lighten up these microwave eggs in a mug.
Tip for making eggs in a mug even faster:
- Add veggies to your eggs. To save time, cut them up ahead of time, or buy frozen pre-chopped veggies, like peppers and onions.
- Add in anything you like in your omelette. It will be just like having an omelette with only a fraction of the time.
- If you want to feel like you have an even fuller breakfast, add in frozen hash brown potatoes.
- What makes microwave eggs in a mug perfect? You can add in anything else you enjoy, like hot sauce, garlic or salsa.
- Want another breakfast in a mug recipe? Why not try Spinach and Feta Omelette in a Mug
How Many Weight Watchers Points In Skinny Sausage, Egg and Cheese in a Mug
I am counting a tablespoon of fat free cheddar cheese and about a tablespoon of fat free milk in this recipe so if you use a lot more or use something other than fat free cheddar, you numbers might be different.
- Purple: 2 Points
- Blue: 4 points
- Green: 6 Points
If you wanted to make this sausage, egg and cheese in a mug even lighter (on Blue), you can use less potatoes/ If you think this isn’t going to be enough to keep you full, add another egg and 0 point veggies.
Lightened Up Sausage, Cheese & Eggs in a Mug Ingredients
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Frozen shredded potatoes
- Veggies like peppers, onion or spinach
- Turkey sausage
- Cheddar cheese
How to Make Lightened Up Sausage, Cheese & Eggs in a Mug
Grease a coffee cup with cooking spray.
Place the potatoes and veggies in the bottom. Microwave for 1 minute.
While the potatoes are cooking, cut up the fully cooked turkey sausage. In a bowl, add the egg, sausage, milk and cheese.
When, the potatoes are done, add the egg mixture on top and stir together.
Microwave 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the eggs are done.
Want More Simple Breakfast Recipes?
- Stuffed Papaya Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- How to Make Fried Breakfast Potatoes
- Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies – Healthy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
- Breakfast Sausage Casserole
Lightened Up Sausage, Cheese & Eggs in a Mug
- 1 egg – If you are watching your cholesterol or trying to make the recipe even lighter you can use egg substitute or egg whites
- 1/2 cup of frozen shredded potatoes
- veggies like peppers onion or spinach
- 2 fully cooked Turkey sausage
- splash of milk
- cheddar cheese
- Grease a coffee cup with cooking spray.
- Place the potatoes and veggies in the bottom. Microwave for 1 minute.
- While the potatoes are cooking, cut up the fully cooked turkey sausage. In a bowl, add the egg, sausage, milk and cheese.
- When, the potatoes are done, add the egg mixture on top and stir together.
- Microwave 45 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the eggs are done.