This Stuffed Papaya Breakfast Bowl Recipe brings something new to your breakfast. Delicious and filling, this is a breakfast recipe is sure to please. Healthy and nutritious, this stuffed papaya is sure to please.
Stuffed Papaya Breakfast Bowl Recipe
A breakfast bowl recipe is a recipe that has everything you need for breakfast in one bowl. It is an amazing way to start your day. This recipe takes it a bit further and leaves you with almost no dishes. Creating a bowl in the papaya itself makes this a fun breakfast that you will enjoy eating.
How do You Know a Papaya is Ripe?
When choosing a papaya, you will know it is ripe when the skin has turned from green to yellow. Also, you will be able to press your thumb into the flesh. If you have bought a papaya that isn’t ripe yet you place it in a bag with a banana or an apple, the ethylene giving off from the banana and apple will cause the papaya to ripen faster.
Variations of a Fruit Breakfast Bowl
When you are making this fruit breakfast bowl, you can change things up by adding coconut, sunflower seeds or slivered almonds. Sliced avocado is another option to add to this fruit breakfast bowl. You can add give this an added boost of sweetness by adding mini chocolate chips.
This recipe is already gluten free but if you wanted to make it dairy free as well you can substitute the Greek yogurt for a non dairy version.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in this Breakfast Bowl Recipe
When you make this recipe exactly as written it comes in low in points. Because this is made with 0 or low point ingredients, depending on your plan, this makes a filling and delicious breakfast. This breakfast is similar to smoothie bowls, except you are not blending the ingredients.
- Blue and Purple: 0 Points
- Green: 3 Points
More Delicious Breakfast Recipes
- Breakfast Potatoes
- Cranberry Eggnog Breakfast Bake
- Breakfast Sausage Casserole
- Breakfast Quesadilla Recipe
- Sausage Cheese Egg in a Mug – Lightened up version
- Air Fryer Breakfast Taquitos
- Ham and Cheese Quiche with Broccoli
Ingredients in Stuffed Papaya Breakfast Bowl Recipe
- Very ripe papayas
- Nonfat Greek yogurt
- Sugar substitute of your choice (optional)
- Nutiva® Superseed Blend or Chia Seeds
How to Prepare a Stuffed Papaya Breakfast Bowl
Slice the papayas in half lengthwise and using a spoon, scoop out the seeds and throw them away or add them to your composting bin.
If adding a sugar substitute to the yogurt stir it in now.
Divide the yogurt equally between the papaya halves and then top with the fruit and seeds.
Serve immediately and enjoy.
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Stuffed Papaya Breakfast Bowls
- 2 very ripe papayas
- 3 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 c. raspberries
- 1 c. blueberries
- 3 T. Nutiva® Superseed Blend or Chia Seeds
- sugar substitute of your choice
- Slice each papaya in half lengthwise. Scoop out the seeds with a large spoon and discard.
- If adding a sugar substitute to the yogurt stir it in now.
- Divide the nonfat Greek yogurt equally between the papaya halves and top with the raspberries, blueberries, and chia seeds. Serve immediately and enjoy!