Milk and Cookies Cupcakes are really the best of both worlds. You can literally eat your cake and cookie at the same time! If you are looking for a fun cupcake idea that has something for everyone, then this is the one you want to save!
MILK AND COOKIES CUPCAKES
I don’t know about you but there is nothing better than enjoying a delicious cupcake. For me, I think why I really enjoy these is that you can totally customize a cupcake to whatever holiday or event you need them for.
Let’s say you are hosting a birthday party and you have a little Unicorn fan. I have a Unicorn Cupcake Recipe that would be perfect! Even these are more for Halloween, you can totally make them work for your event. Wanting just a simple Chocolate Cupcake? My recipe for these moist cupcakes will take care of that craving. If you are following the Keto diet, my S’mores Cupcakes need to be on your dessert menu.
WHAT MAKES A MOIST CUPCAKE?
The key is simply not over-mixing your batter. Mix it on low-speed until it literally is just combined together.
WHY ARE MY CUPCAKES FLAT ON TOP?
Just like with getting the perfect moist cupcake, it’s all about NOT over-mixing your batter.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE MILK AND COOKIES CUPCAKES?
- Vanilla cake mix – you can also make your own mix from scratch if you prefer.
- Ingredients listed on back of cake mix if you are using one.
- Mini chocolate chips – all great recipes need this.
- Chocolate Chip Cookies – a package of store-bought ones or you can make your own.
- unsalted sweet cream butter (soft)
- powdered sugar
- heavy whipping cream
- cookie scoop
READY TO MAKE THESE AMAZING CUPCAKES?
I have included a few of the in-process images for your reference. The full instructions and recipe ingredients are listed on the printable card below.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
Simple Milk and Cookies Cupcakes
- Muffin pan
- Cupcake liners
- Electric mixer/mixing bow
- 1 large piping bag w/ large round tip
- Medium ice cream scoop
- 1 box Vanilla cake mix
- Ingredients listed on back of cake mix
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate Chips
- 1 Chocolate chip cookies 1 package
- 3 c Unsalted butter softened
- 6 c Powdered Sugar
- 5 – 7 tbsp. Heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp. Pure Vanilla extract
Cookie Dough Frosting Ingredients
- 12 tbsp. Unsalted butter softened
- 2 c Powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup Brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup Flour
- Salt pinch
- 3 tbsp. Whole milk
- 1 tsp. Pure Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Mini Chocolate chips
- Preheat oven as per directions on the box
- Put the liners in the muffing pan. Set aside.
- Follow the directions on the back of the box.
- Add ingredients.
- Mix the ingredients as instructed.
- Add in the mini chocolate chips. Stir well.
- Fill the cupcake liners 2/3'rds full.
- Place in the oven.
- Bake as instructed on the box.
- Remove and allow to cool completely before frosting
- Using a standing mixer combine the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, vanilla.
- Mix on medium speed until combined and smooth
- Pipe frosting onto the top of the cooled cupcakes
- After cupcakes are frosted set them aside
Cookie Dough Frosting Directions
- Whip together the butter, powdered sugar, brown sugar, flour, salt, milk, and vanilla.
- Continue to mix until the mixture is very light and fluffy. (About 2-3 minutes)
- Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- With the medium ice cream scoop measure out a ball of cookie dough frosting.
- Position each ball of frosting on the vanilla frosted cupcake.
- Garnish with a chocolate chip cookie inserted in the center of the cookie dough frosting.