How would you like to have two desserts in one? This S’Mores Keto Cupcake Recipe is not only a twist on a delicious dessert, it is also Keto, which means no sugar and low carb. This dessert may become a favorite with your family and friends.
Keto S’Mores Cupcake Recipe
This Keto S’Mores Cupcake is a one of a kind sweet treat and a great dessert to share with your favorite people. Simple and easy to follow directions and ingredients will allow for a fast and incredible dessert in no time. It will come out creamy and fluffy with an amazing S’Mores flavor. Be sure to write this one down in the books.
Are Marshmallows Keto Friendly?
In general, no. But in this case, Yes. There are available Keto friendly Marshmallows you can buy at the store. The way they are Keto friendly is by making sure they are sugar free. If you can not find Keto friendly ones, you can always find a simple recipe to make your own delicious marshmallows at home with the same texture and taste of regular mellows.
However, for this recipe, I am using sugar free marshmallow syrup to create a marshmallow flavored frosting that doesn’t have real marshmallows in it but has all the same flavor.
Do Keto Cupcakes Need to Be Refrigerated?
If you do not have frosted cupcakes, it would not require you to refrigerate them. However, since these cupcakes have icing on top, it is good to place in the fridge for safer storage and longer shelf life. Be sure to let them completely cool before serving and/or putting in the refrigerator.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Vanilla bean paste
- Heavy whipping cream
- Cream cheese
- Powdered erythritol
- Vanilla paste
- Heavy cream
- Sea salt
- Sugar free marshmallow syrup
- Sugar free chocolate
How to Make S’Mores Keto Cupcakes
Line pan with cupcake liners. Spray with coconut oil. Preheat oven to 350°Whisk together the coconut flour and baking powder In a large mixing bowl and set aside.
Combine the butter and cream cheese in a medium microwave safe bow,. Melt in microwave in 30 second duration, stirring after each bursts, until just melted, being cautious not to burn it.
Stir in the ingredients erythritol, vanilla paste, and heavy whipping cream to the butter and cream cheese.
Mix well together your wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients. One at a time, stir in the eggs, making sure each is mixed good, before adding in the next.
Pour batter into the liners of the pan, fill them in about 3/4 full. For 18-20 minutes, put in oven and bake until a toothpick placed in the center comes out clean. Take out of the oven and allow to cool thoroughly before taking from the pan and placing it to the cooling rack.
Make the Frosting
Beat butter In a medium size mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add in your salt, marshmallow syrup and vanilla.
Gradually pour in the powdered erythritol, and the heavy whipping cream, a bit at a time. Mix until it forms soft, but stiff peaks. Add frosting to the piping bag and frost cupcakes.
Make your ganache by adding the chocolate and cream in a small microwave safe bowl, on high for 30 seconds, and sir. Do this again until chocolate is melted, being cautious to not to burn the cream. Whisk together until the ingredients are smooth. Drizzle your ganache over the frosting.
More Delicious Keto Desserts
- The Best Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe with Pecan
- Strawberry Muffin in a Mug – Regular, WW and Keto Version
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites – Weight Watchers and Keto
- Keto Chocolate Mug Cake
- Triple Chocolate Cheesecake Fat Bombs
S’Mores Keto Cupcake Recipe
- Piping bag and tip
Ingredients for the cupcakes:
- 1 ½ cups coconut flour
- ½ cup butter softened
- 1 cup erythritol
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 large eggs
Ingredients for the frosting:
- 1 cup butter softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered erythritol
- ½ teaspoon vanilla paste
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream you can add more if your frosting is too thick
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Sugar free marshmallow syrup
Ingredients for the ganache:
- ½ cup sugar free chocolate
- ½ cup heavy shipping cream
Instructions for cupcakes:
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the coconut flour and baking powder and set aside.
- In a medium size microwave safe mixing bowl, combine the butter and cream cheese. Melt in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring after each, until mixture is just melted, being careful not to burn the cheese.
- Whisk in the erythritol, vanilla paste, and heavy whipping cream to the butter and cream cheese.
- Add the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and mix well. Mix in the eggs, one at a time, making sure each is mixed in well, before adding in the next egg.
- Pour batter into the liners, filling them about 3/4 full. Place in oven and bake for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick placed in the middle comes out clean. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before removing from the pan and transferring to the cooling rack.
Instructions for the frosting:
- In a medium size mixing bowl, beat butter until light and fluffy. Add the salt, marshmallow syrup and vanilla.
- Slowly add in the powdered erythritol, and the heavy whipping cream, a bit at a time. Beat until mixture forms soft, but stiff peaks. Add frosting to the piping bag and frost cupcakes.
- To make the ganache, in a small microwave safe bowl, add chocolate and cream and microwave on high for 30 seconds, and sir. Repeat until chocolate is melted, being careful not to scorch the cream. Whisk together until the mixture is smooth. Drizzle over the frosting.