Twix Apple Salad is crunchy, sweet, tart, full of caramel and cool whip. If you are looking for the perfect cool treat that is great any time of the year, then this is that recipe. Believe me, you won’t be able to stop at just one serving!
TWIX APPLE SALAD
I think my favorite thing about this salad is that it’s not your traditional fruit salad. Sure, there are apples and whipped cream, but the additional of a candy bar PLUS caramel takes it to a whole new level!
I think it’s always important to have a couple of simple cold salad recipes to have on hand for last minute get togethers. This salad recipe is one of those. Believe me once you make it, people will be begging for you for the recipe!
If fruit salad is your jam, I have a few other recipes that I think you might enjoy. Like my Peach Jello Salad. It has the best of both worlds; Jello and peaches! Another delicious potluck salad recipe is my Broccoli Salad! The freshness combined with the crunch makes this an amazing dish to share. And of course, no Summer picnic is complete without a potato salad recipe!
Before you get started on this recipe, here are a few tips and suggestions that may help.
WHAT ARE THE BEST TYPE OF APPLES TO USE?
I think that Granny Smith and Gala Jazz work the best. They have the right amount of tartness and sweetness you need to have when making a sweet dish like this.
COULD I USE 2% MILK TO MAKE TWIX SALAD?
Sure you can. It may not be as rich and thick, however, it will work.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE TWIX APPLE SALAD?
- Twix candy bars – one of the best parts about this recipe.
- Caramel bites – this ingredient adds delicious extra bites of caramel to the salad
- Granny Smith Apples – a must-have tart ingredient.
- Gala Jazz Apples – these apples add the right amount of sweetness.
- Cool Whip – the ingredient that adds the fluff.
- Vanilla pudding – to add the smoothness to the salad
- Caramel topping – because you can never have enough caramel.
- Milk – to mix with the pudding.
HOW TO MAKE FLUFFY TWIX APPLE SALAD?
You can print the full recipe card off below.
MORE SALAD RECIPES
TWIX CARAMEL APPLE SALAD
- 1 bag Twix candy bars snack size
- 1/4 c Caramel bites
- 2 Granny Smith Apples diced
- 2 Gala Jazz Apples bite-sized
- 16 oz. Cool Whip
- 5 oz. Vanilla Instant Pudding
- Caramel Topping
- 1/2 c cold milk
- Cut apples in to bite size pieces. Set aside.
- Chop Twix bars into small pieces and set them aside.
- In a large bowl add the whole milk, pudding mix, and cool whip tub. Whisk to combine. Continue to whisk until the pudding powder has been completely blended.
- Begin adding in the apple pieces, Stir to combine. Add the Twix pieces into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Add 1/4 cup of caramel bites into the bowl. Stir to combine.
- Garnish the top of the salad with more apple pieces, caramel bites, and Twix pieces.
- Drizzle the top of the salad with the caramel sauce. Cover and transfer the salad to the refrigerator to chill for 1 -2 hours.