It's pumpkin season. Whether you have a love of Dunkin Donuts pumpkin spice coffee or you are in love with Krispy Kreme pumpkin donuts, there are so many delicious pumpkins treats everywhere. But if you are like me and you want to make a big batch of pumpkin deliciousness, then mini baked pumpkin donuts recipe is exactly what you want.
The season for pumpkin is officially upon us! Start the fall season off right with these baked pumpkin mini donuts with glaze! As the air starts to get cooler, it triggers the same thought in everyone's (okay maybe not everyone's) mind: Pumpkin Spice! Restaurants start bringing out pumpkin cheesecake, the coffee shops start running specials on pumpkin lattes, it's a dreamy land of pumpkin induced smiles. But what about things you can make at home for your family and friends? This pumpkin donuts recipe makes a great pair for all those yummy pumpkin flavored coffees and teas, plus they are super easy to make!
How to Make Donuts
Donuts can be made 2 ways They can be fried or they can be baked. While fried does add another layer of goodness, it also adds in a lot of added fat and calories. Baking donuts are much easier, healthier and they taste just as good. That means you can have more than one. See there is a reason to my madness of not frying. When baking donuts it helps to have a donut pan. This recipe calls for a mini donut pan, but it can be made in a full-size donut pan, as well.
Wan another donut recipe? Try apple cider donuts, another fall treat.
Pumpkin Donut Recipe
1 C flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
¼ C sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 tsp allspice
1 egg, room temp
¼ C pumpkin puree
3 TBSP whole milk
1 tsp vanilla
1 TBSP canola oil
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep the donut pan with baking spray.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and sugar.
- In a large bowl add the egg, pumpkin, milk, vanilla, and oil.
-Whisk the wet ingredients together.
-Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
-Gently mix the ingredients together.
-Do not over-mix the donuts.
-Spoon the batter into a pastry bag with a large tip.
-Squeeze the batter into a treated donut pan.
-Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
-Allow to cool briefly before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
½ C unsalted butter, room temp
2 ¾ C Powdered sugar
2 C heavy whipping cream
-Add unsalted butter in a double boiler until the butter melts.
-Add sugar and heavy whipping cream in a bowl, stir to combine.
-Add the sugar and cream to the double boiler.
-Whisk to combine.
-Continue to stir and bring to a boil.
-Remove from heat.
-Pour into a bowl allow to cool slightly.
-Dip doughnuts in the glaze and place on a pan lined with parchment paper
Want other great tasting pumpkin treats? Try this delicious vanilla pumpkin cupcake or make your own homemade pumpkin creamer to drink in your coffee with the pumpkin donuts. Or try any other these 50+ pumpkin desserts.
- 1 C flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ C sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp all spice
- 1 egg room temp
- ¼ C pumpkin puree
- 3 TBSP whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 TBSP canola oil
- ½ C unsalted butter room temp
- 2 ¾ C Powdered sugar
- 2 C heavy whipping cream
- -Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prep the donut pan with baking spray.
- - Combine flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and sugar.
- - In a large bowl add the egg, pumpkin, milk, vanilla and oil.
- -Whisk the wet ingredients together.
- -Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
- -Gently mix the ingredients together.
- -Do not over-mix the donuts.
- -Spoon the batter into a pastry bag with a large tip.
- -Squeeze the batter into a treated donut pan.
- -Bake for 8 minutes at 350 degrees.
- -Allow to cool briefly before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- -Add unsalted butter in a double boiler until the butter melts.
- -Add sugar and heavy whipping cream in a bowl, stir to combine.
- -Add the sugar and cream to the double boiler.
- -Whisk to combine.
- -Continue to stir and bring to a boil.
- -Remove from heat.
- -Pour into a bowl allow to cool slightly.
- -Dip doughnuts in the glaze and place on a pan lined with parchment paper