I have a recipe for the best Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts you will ever taste. These are not your average doughnuts, they’re light and fluffy with a hint of vanilla flavor and cinnamon. These are perfect for breakfast or an afternoon snack!
How to Make Cinnamon Donuts
Cinnamon sugar doughnuts are a classic dessert that can be made in less one hour. These donuts are topped with cinnamon and sugar, making them irresistible to everyone who tries them. The dough is light and fluffy, which makes it easy to cut out small circles for the perfect shape. And as an added bonus, these doughnuts are low calorie, low fat and low Weight Watchers points.
How to Store
These cinnamon donuts need to be stored in an airtight container. You can also store these donuts in a freezer bag if you prefer. If storing the donuts on a plate, make sure you cover the plate well with plastic wrap or something similar that will form a tight seal.
Do These Cinnamon Sugar Donuts Need to Be Refrigerated
You do not need to keep these doughnuts in the refrigerator. You can store them at room temperature on the counter. You can also keep these doughnuts in the freezer if you want to make sure they do not go bad before they can be eaten.
How to Freeze
I love to freeze doughnuts. It is the perfect way to have donuts on hand whenever I want them. Since I love fresh homemade donuts, storing them in the freezer keeps the ones I have from going bad
How Many Weight Watchers Points in These Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
When you make these donuts the way the recipe states, using the sugar substitutes and unsweetened apple sauce, these donuts come in at 3 Weight Watchers points per donut. These are full size doughnuts that have an incredible flavor.
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- all-purpose flour
- sugar substitute
- baking powder
- ground cinnamon
- unsweetened almond milk– You can also use fat free milk
- vanilla extract– Make sure to use pure vanilla extract
- unsweetened cinnamon applesauce – Make sure it is unsweetened or it will have extra sugar or high fructose corn syrup. This affects the nutritional values as well as the points.
- powdered sugar substitute
- ground cinnamon
How to Make Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a large mixing bowl add flour, cornstarch, sugar substitute, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
In a separate smaller bowl, add the milk, egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, but don’t over mix. Mix in 2 teaspoons of the ground cinnamon.
Fill each cavity about 3/4 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
Add ingredients for the topping in a large Ziplock bag or bowl. Set aside.
Gently remove from the pan. While still warm, toss each doughnut in the Ziploc bag or bowl to coat in the topping mixture. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Weight Watchers Donut Recipes
- How to Make Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Donuts Recipe
- Weight Watchers Donut Hole Recipe
- The Best Baked Lemon Weight Watchers Donuts Recipe
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Weight Watchers Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/3 cup zero-point white granulated sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- ½ cup unsweetened cinnamon applesauce
- 3 tablespoons zero-point powdered sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray donut pans with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Steps 1-2: In a large mixing bowl add flour, cornstarch, zero-point sugar substitute, baking powder, and salt. Whisk until well combined.
- Steps 3-4: In a separate smaller bowl, add the milk, egg, applesauce, and vanilla. Whisk until well combined.
- Steps 5-6: Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until just combined, but don’t over mix. Mix in 2 teaspoons of the ground cinnamon.
- Step 7-8: Fill each donut cavity about 3/4 full. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
- Step 9: Add ingredients for the topping in a large Ziplock bag or bowl. Set aside.
- Step 10: Gently remove donuts from the pan. While still warm, toss each donut in the Ziploc bag or bowl to coat in the topping mixture. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.