I love Chocolate Donuts. They are my go-to when I am craving something sweet and delicious. This is a recipe that will make your mouth water just looking at it! You can’t beat a chocolate glazed donut for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! Give this recipe a try today, you won’t regret it!
How to Make Chocolate Sprinkle Donuts
Doughnut lovers rejoice! If you are anything like me, then you love donuts. Whether they have a sweet glaze or frosting on top of them, or a rich chocolate filling in the center, there is nothing better than sinking your teeth into one of these delicious treats. But what if I told you that I found an even more scrumptious way to enjoy these delectable doughnuts? Introducing the Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Donut Recipe! This is a decadent donut that will not throw you off your points.
I could never give up my sweets. And I love donuts. That is why I needed to come up with some donut recipes that I knew would not throw me off my points. My Weight Watchers lemon donuts and Weight Watchers Donut Hole Recipe were such a hit I knew I needed to make a chocolate version.
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
How Long Will These Baked Chocolate Donuts Last?
Honestly, I would be surprised if the donuts last more than a few hours. They have a tendency to disappear. But if you have more self control than I do, the donuts will last for about 3 days. Since they are homemade and have no preservatives, they do not last as long as store bought.
How to store
It is important that you store the donuts in an airtight container. This keeps the chocolate sprinkle donuts from getting stale. You can also place them in an airtight bag but this can cause the frosting to stick to the top of the plastic bag.
How To Freeze Donuts
I love to freeze treats. This lets me have donuts on hand whenever I want them and I don’t have to make them. Another bonus is that it keeps me from eating the entire batch. I like to freeze the donuts before I place them in a freezer bag. This prevents the frosting from sticking to the plastic. I place donuts on a plate and freeze them for about an hour. Then I move them to the plastic freezer bag.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Chocolate Donuts
These donuts are a great low point treat. Because you are avoiding the oil and replacing the sugar with a sugar substitute, it is easy to keep this treat something you can enjoy often.
These donuts come in at 2 points each on Blue and Purple. On Green, these are 3 points. If you are adding sprinkles to the top of the donuts, you will want to add an additional point per serving.
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
More Weight Watchers Dessert Recipes
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites – Weight Watchers and Keto
- Weight Watchers Banana Bread
- The Best 0 Point Weight Watchers Cheesecake
- Rocky Road Cupcakes – Weight Watchers Friendly
- Weight Watchers Banana Pudding
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- all-purpose flour
- unsweetened cocoa powder
- sugar substitute
- baking powder
- unsweetened almond milk
- unsweetened applesauce
- sugar free frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Donut pan
How to Make Weight Watchers Chocolate Donuts
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 6-count pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Using a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar substitute, salt, and baking powder.
In another bowl, add the almond milk, egg, and applesauce. Mix it together well.
Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well.
Pour the batter into a piping bag with a tip or you can use a freezer bag with the corner snipped off.
Pipe the batter into the pan, filling each space about 1/2 full.
Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 3 minutes before removing from the pan.
While the donuts are cooling, place the frosting into a microwave safe bowl. Heat it for 15 seconds and stir it well. If it is not completely melted, heat it for another 5 to 8 seconds.
Dip the top of each donut into melted frosting. Let the extra frosting drip off before placing it on the plate or cooling rack. If adding sprinkles, add them now and then allow the frosting to harden.
Love Recipes? Join our Facebook Group, The Best Recipes Because Mama Loves to Eat
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Chocolate Glazed Chocolate Donuts Recipe
- Ziploc Bag or piping bag with tip
- 1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg at room temperature at room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 tablespoons sugar free frosting
- Rainbow sprinkles optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray two 6-count pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Using a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar substitute, salt, and baking powder.
- In another bowl, add the almond milk, egg, and applesauce. Mix it together well.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- Pour the batter into a piping bag with a tip or you can use a freezer bag with the corner snipped off.
- Pipe the batter into the pan, filling each space about 1/2 full.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow them to cool for 3 minutes before removing from the pan.
- While the donuts are cooling, place the frosting into a microwave safe bowl. Heat it for 15 seconds and stir it well. If it is not completely melted, heat it for another 5 to 8 seconds.
- Dip the top of each donut into melted frosting. Let the extra frosting drip off before placing it on the plate or cooling rack. If adding sprinkles, add them now and then allow the frosting to harden.
Weight Watchers Points
- 2 points on Blue and Purple
- 3 Points on Green
- Add 1 point when adding sprinkles