Want an amazing Rocky Road Cupcakes recipe? This Weight Watchers Cupcakes recipe is so good and it only 4 points. With a cupcake this good, you would never know it was low in fat, calories, sugar, and points.
I have a horrible sweet tooth. I could never survive any eating plan that made me give up sweets completely. That is one of the many benefits of Weight Watchers. You can have your sweets. You just have to watch the amount and the portion size and try to find great Weight Watchers dessert recipes.
What is Rocky Road Cupcakes?
I used to love Rocky Road ice cream when I was little. Rich chocolate, peanuts, and marshmallow, what is there not to love? When it comes to Rocky Road, that is the classic flavors together. Chocolate, nuts, and marshmallow. You might be thinking how can I have all that on a diet? With some little tricks, you can have a full-size cupcake, with icing, and not go off track.
Sugar Free Cupcakes
It doesn't even sound like it could be possible. How can you have a sugar free cupcake, with marshmallow, with chocolate, and with icing? With these small tricks, you can have all that. This recipe is mostly sugar-free already. The cake mix which is the base of the cupcake is a sugar-free mix. The base of the icing is Sugar-Free Cool Whip and sugar-free pudding and that only leaves the marshmallow and the powdered sugar. There are actually sugar free marshmallows too. and you can use these Sugar-Free Powdered Sugar.
How to Store Cupcakes
Whenever possible you want to store cupcakes at room temperature in an airtight container. I personally do not mind if the cool whip icing is left out because, well, honestly, out cupcakes do not last more than a day or two. If you are uncomfortable with your icing being left out at room temperature, you can store the cupcakes in the refrigerator. However, this does dry out the cupcakes faster.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in these Cupcakes
When you make these Weight Watchers cupcakes as it is originally written, the cupcakes come out to 7 points, which isn't bad for a cupcake like this. When you make the Weight Watchers Changes listed, these cupcakes are 4 Weight Watchers SmartPoints. That means I can 2 cupcakes for about the same points!
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes?
- Weight Watchers Pizza with Pepperoni
- Weight Watchers Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
- Asian Shrimp
- Salsa Chicken
- Weight Watchers Shepherd's Pie
Looking for more recipes and support? Join our Winning with Weight Watchers Facebook Group.
More Weight Watchers Help
Need Help Staying on Track? Try these ideas:
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don't want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Ingredients in Weight Watchers Cupcakes | Rocky Road Cupcakes
Makes 24 cupcakes
- Cocktail Peanuts - WW Use 1/2
- chocolate cake mix - WW use Sugar-Free
- Greek Yogurt
- Miniature Marshmallows WW Use 1 cup
- Hershey’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips - WW Eliminate this. You won't miss it
- Sugar-Free JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- powdered sugar
- skim milk
- Sugar-Free Cool Whip
How to Make Rocky Road Cupcakes
Heat oven 350ºF. Grease Muffin Tins or use cupcake papers
In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix and Greek yogurt to form a cake batter.
Stir in chopped nuts and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
Spoon into a cupcake pan
Bake 20 to 25 min. or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
Combine sugar-free pudding mix, powder sugar and skim milk in a large bowl with a whisk. Stir in Cool Whip and spread onto cupcakes. Top with remaining marshmallows and nuts.
Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Drizzle over cupcakes
Want an amazing Rocky Road Cupcake recipe? This Weight Watchers Cupcakes recipe is so good and it only 4 points. With a cupcake this good, you would never know it was low in fat, calories, sugar, and points.
- 1 cup Cocktail Peanuts - WW Use 1/2
- 1 chocolate cake mix - WW use Sugar-Free
- 2 single-serve cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 1/3 cups Miniature Marshmallows WW Use 1 cup
- 1 cup Hershey’s Sugar-Free Chocolate Chips - WW Eliminate
- 1 pkg. Sugar-Free JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1 tub Sugar-Free Cool Whip
- Heat oven 350ºGrease Muffin Tins or use cupcake papers
- Chop 1/2 cup nuts.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cake mix and Greek yogurt to form a cake batter.
- Stir in chopped nuts and 1/2 cup marshmallows.
- Spoon into a cupcake pan
- Bake 20 to 25 min. or until a toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Remove from pans to wire racks; cool completely.
- Combine sugar-free pudding mix, powder sugar and skim milk in a large bowl with a whisk. Stir in Cool Whip and spread onto cupcakes. Top with remaining marshmallows and nuts.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Drizzle over cupcakes