Looking for a delicious low-cost chicken recipe that not only tastes good but is healthy? Make this easy dump chicken recipe. Salsa Chicken will easily become a requested dinner favorite. Following Weight Watchers, this is a 0 Point Dinner.
Salsa Chicken Recipe
When I make my weekly menu of dinner ideas, I always find myself wondering what to make. I want to make something different but I want it to taste good and be healthy. There is one dish that we make maybe 3 times a month. Salsa Chicken. This Mexican Chicken Recipe is easy to make and only requires one dish. With a simple 10 minute prep time, this dinner is always being asked for.
What to Serve with Salsa Chicken
Salsa chicken is a meal in itself. It has everything you need. We do serve it with a side salad or rice, but it can be eaten just as is. With chicken and salsa, there are so many things to serve with it. You can also wrap the chicken and salsa with filling inside of a tortilla.
Variations to Salsa Chicken
This is one of those recipes that you can change any way you like.
- Use hot salsa – Some heat if you like it or get mild
- Add Peppers and Onions
- Top with Cheese
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
How Many Weight Watcher Points in Mexican Chicken
When I first started making this salsa chicken recipe is was a 0 point Weight Watchers dinner because there was only one plan. now there are 3 plans. This Weight Watchers dinner recipe comes in at
- Purple- 0 Points
- Blue– 0 Points
- Green– 8 Points
More Weight Watchers Recipes
- 0 Point Weight Watchers Cheesecake
- 2 Ingredient Pancakes
- Ranch Fiesta Dip
- Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Comeback Sauce
More Chicken Recipes:
- Chicken Parmesan
- Lemon Rosemary Chicken
- White Chicken Chili in the Slow Cooker
- Chicken Burrito Bowl
- Teriyaki Chicken Stir
Ingredients for Salsa Chicken
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Frozen corn
- Black beans,
- Petite diced tomatoes
- Chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Salsa Chicken
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Prepare a large baking dish, 9*13 with cooking spray
Add the corn, black beans, tomatoes and 1/ cup of salsa to the dish. Stir together.
Add in the garlic and cumin to the dish and stir.
Add chicken on top of the ingredients.
Pour remaining salsa over top of the chicken.
Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes.
Take the chicken out and shred the chicken.
Add the chicken back and stir.
Serve with this homemade guacamole recipe.
- 14.5 ounce frozen corn or 3 cups
- 15 ounce can black beans drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 1 cup salsa divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic minced
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts – cut thin to cut cooking time.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking dish, 9*13 with cooking spray
- Add the corn, black beans, tomatoes and 1/ cup of salsa to the dish.
- Stir together. Add in the garlic and cumin to the dish and stir.
- Add chicken on top of the ingredients.
- Pour remaining salsa over top of the chicken.
- Cover with foil and bake for 45-60 minutes.
- Take the chicken out and shred the chicken.
- Add the chicken back and stir. Serve