I have to very best shrimp recipe ever! This easy to make garlic parmesan shrimp recipe is delicious, healthy and is going to become one of your go-to recipes.
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
Cooking Shrimp use to scare me. I had no idea how to tell when it was done, and before I knew it was, the shrimp was overcooked and tasted like rubber. Once I learned how to time cooking shrimp, I was able to take basic shrimp and turn it into Garlic Parmesan Shrimp. And let me tell you, this Garlic Parmesan Shrimp recipe is so good, you will want to make it all the time. Pair this Garlic Parmesan Shrimp with our Roasted Garlic Dip.
How Long to Cook Raw Shrimp
Shrimp is easy to learn how to cook shrimp. It makes an easy weeknight dinner option. There are many options for cooking shrimp.
Baking Shrimp for Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
For Garlic Parmesan Shrimp, we are baking the shrimp. To bake shrimp, put the shrimp on a sheet pan. The shrimp only need to cook for about 7-8 minutes until the shrimp turn pink and start to curl.
Frying Shrimp/ Sautéing Shrimp for Shrimp Parmesan
Frying or sauteing shrimp is another way to cook shrimp. Start with a non-stick pan with oil in it. Heat the oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the seasoned shrimp. In about 1-2 minutes, the shrimp will turn pink and start to curl up.
How Long to Boil Shrimp
Many people think of a shrimp boil when they think of having shrimp. Boiling shrimp is another easy way to cook shrimp. First cook (boil) everything else that is going to be in the shrimp boil. Then add the shrimp. Cook the shrimp for about 7-10 minutes.
Barbecuing or Grilling Garlic Shrimp
Shrimp are perfect for the barbecue or the grill. Before adding the shrimp on the grill, brush the shrimp with oil and add the seasoning. Grill the shrimp for 2 minutes per side until the shells turn a bright pink.
Can I Microwave Shrimp
You can microwave shrimp. To microwave shrimp, place the shrimp in a bowl. Microwave on high for 3-4 minutes. Flip the shrimp over and microwave another 3-4 minutes on the other side. Brush oil on the shrimp to keep it moist.
How to Cook Frozen Shrimp
If the shrimp you are going to use in a recipe is frozen, you will need to thaw it before cooking. One of the fastest and easiest ways to thaw shrimp is to place the frozen shrimp in a strainer or colander in the sink. Let cold water run over the shrimp. Another option is to let the shrimp sit in a bowl of cold water for 10-20 minutes.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
This recipe makes 6 servings. It makes the perfect low point dinner or appetizer.
- Blue– 1 point
- Purple – 1 point
- Green– 2 points
Pair this recipe with roasted garlic dip. The dip comes out to 1 point per servings as well.
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes
- Weight Watchers Shepherds Pie
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
- Weight Watchers Pepperoni Pizza
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Salsa Chicken
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Garlic Parmesan Shrimp Ingredients:
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Cloves garlic
- Dijon mustard
- Ground cumin
- Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper
- Jumbo shrimp
- Lemon juice
- Fresh parsley
Will also need:
How to Make Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
Prepare the garlic shrimp seasoning by combining the olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, ground cumin, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large glass bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the prepared baking sheet and place in pre-heated oven to roast for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp are just firm and pink. Do not overcook.
Serve with Roasted Garlic Dip
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
- 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic finely minced
- 2 t. Dijon mustard
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 3 T. Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ lbs. jumbo shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1½ T. lemon juice
- 1/3 c. fresh parsley minced
- Parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 400°F and line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Prepare the garlic shrimp seasoning by combining the olive oil, minced garlic, Dijon mustard, ground cumin, and grated Parmesan cheese in a large glass bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Add shrimp to the bowl and toss to combine. Transfer the seasoned shrimp to the prepared baking sheet and place in pre-heated oven to roast for 6 to 8 minutes, or until the shrimp are just firm and pink. Do not overcook.
- Serve with Roasted Garlic dip