Looking for a baked spaghetti recipe? Once you try this Million Dollar Spaghetti recipe, you are going to want to make it over and over again. So good, this Million Dollar Chicken Spaghetti is perfect for an easy weeknight meal, leftovers for lunch or even to take to a pot luck. It can be made as low as 3 Weight Watchers SmartPoints so it is perfect anytime.
Weight Watchers Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
Since Don and I have started to try to lose weight, I have been taking recipes that are traditionally high in fat and calories and making them lighter. A lot of them I have been able to make taste amazing, as good as the regular recipes, and no one would know the difference. Million Dollar Chicken Spaghetti is one of those recipes.
What Does Million Dollar Spaghetti Mean?
This baked spaghetti is so good, it’s worth a million dollars. And you know what, it really is. It resembles a lasagna casserole but so much better. The combination of sauce, cottage cheese, cream cheese, and Greek Yogurt makes a deliciously creamy tasting sauce.
Can Million Dollar Spaghetti Be Made Ahead of Time
Yes, you can make million dollar spaghetti ahead of time. Just cook the noodles and meat sauce separately, then combine them when you’re ready to serve. You can also freeze the leftovers for an easy meal later on.
Can you Freeze Million Dollar Spaghetti
Yes. You can freeze Million Dollar Spaghetti. If you plan to free the spaghetti, you want to add a little more sauce. The noodles tend to soak it up. If you are using the noodle alternatives, you won’t need the extra sauce.
Once the million dollar chicken pasta has cooled completely, place it in a freezer bag or baking dish, wrapped in plastic wrap or foil.
To reheat, thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight. Reheat in the oven or the microwave.
Can you Make Million Dollar Spaghetti without Cottage Cheese
You can make it without. You can substitute ricotta cheese. I like the cottage cheese in this because it is lighter. Don’t worry if you HATE cottage cheese. You can’t taste it. Everything else masks the flavor. I personally have always thought cottage cheese was nasty, but I always put it in my Million Dollar Chicken Spaghetti.
How Many Weight Watcher Points in Million Dollar Spaghetti Casserole?
This lighter version of Million Dollar Chicken Spaghetti makes 10 servings. If you make this Million Dollar Spaghetti with whole wheat noodles, then this recipe is 5 Weight Watchers SmartPoints on the Freestyle program. If you make this recipe with the tofu shirataki noodles, this recipe is 3 Weight Watchers Points.
With the new personal points plan from WW, your points might be different than mine. In that case, here is the direct link to the recipe in the WW recipe builder app. You can see how many points Million Dollar Spaghetti is for you. This only works for WW members in the US. If you are outside of the US, you will need to enter it manually.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Million Dollar Spaghetti Squash
If you wanted to make this million dollar chicken spaghetti lower in points you can make million dollar spaghetti squash casserole. You will want to substitute the pasta noodles for spaghetti squash. It is actually really easy to cook. How to Cook the Perfect Spaghetti Squash. Once you have scraped the squash into noodles, you will use them like you would noodles in this recipe. Bake the Million Dollar Chicken Spaghetti Squash Casserole until it is heated through.
Make it Keto
If you want to make keto million dollar spaghetti, you will use the spaghetti squash. In addition to swapping the pasta, you will want to use full fat versions of all of the ingredients. These few little changes will give you an incredible keto million dollar spaghetti squash casserole.
What to Serve with Million Dollar Baked Spaghetti
While this ww low point pasta dinner can be a meal all on its own, I love making it with 2 ingredient dough breadsticks or garlic bread. I love serving a side salad with this recipe too. A side of veggies, like Air Fryer Asparagus, Roasted Vegetables, or Pan Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Bacon Recipe. You can also serve these amazing Weight Watchers dessert with it.
- Weight Watchers Banana Pudding
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Mousse
- 0 Point Weight Watchers Cheesecake
- Healthy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- Chocolate Muffin – Only 2 WW Points
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes?
- Chicken Fajita Soup
- Drunkard Noodles- Thai Drunken Noodles with Rice Noodles- Easy $10 Dinner
- Chicken Parmesan
- Chicken Enchiladas
- Salsa Chicken
- Garlic Parmesan Shrimp
Variations to Million Dollar Chicken Spaghetti
There are a few ways that you can change up this recipe. You can doa. few easy swaps:
- Chicken – So while I am using ground chicken or ground turkey, you cna also use shredded chicken breast or even chicken or turkey Italian sausage. I like to use sernio’s Italian chicken sausage or Jennie-O Italian Turkey sausage because both are low in points, fat and calories.
- Ground beef– Typically, this recipe is made with ground beef. You can make this with ground beef and still keep the fat and calories low. You will want to use 95% ground beef.
- Skip the meat– You can make a meatless version of this recipe or use a storebought meat sauce
Ingredients in Weight Watchers Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
- Ground turkey or chicken breast
- Spaghetti sauce- use a 0 point spaghetti sauce for best results. This usually means a sugar free or no sugar added marinara sauce.
- Fat-free cream cheese
- Fat-Free plain Greek Yogurt or sour cream
- 1% cottage cheese
- Whole wheat spaghetti noodles, spaghetti squash or zucchini zoodles, Butternut squash noodles or tofu shirataki noodles
- Fat-free Grated cheddar cheese or mozzarella cheese
How to Make Weight Watchers Million Dollar Lasagna
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
In a large pot, cook noodles to al dente.
Cook ground turkey until done and drain.
In a bowl, combine cream cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese until well blended
Mix the cream cheese mixture together with sauce, ground turkey and noodles.
Pour it into a 9*13 casserole pan sprayed with cooking spray.
Top with cheddar cheese.
Bake for 30 minutes covered. Remove cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
Weight Watchers Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
- 1.5 lb of 97% ground turkey or chicken breast
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 8 oz of fat-free cream cheese
- ¼ cup Fat-Free plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ lb 1% cottage cheese equals 1 cup
- 10 ounces whole wheat pasta zoodles, or tofu shirataki noodles
- 1/4 cup fat-free Grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cook noodles to al dente.
- Cook ground turkey until done and drain.
- Combine cream cheese, yogurt, and cottage cheese until well blended
- Mix the cream cheese mixture together with sauce,
ground turkey and noodles.
- Pour it into a 9*13 casserole dish sprayed with cooking spray.
- Top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes covered. Remove cover and bake for another 15 minutes.
Leave a Reply