Looking for a delicious Chicken Enchilada recipe? These easy to make, insanely good, healthy dinner recipe will become a go-to Mexican dinner idea. With only 3 Points per enchilada, you will never feel deprived with this recipe. Even those who are not following Weight Watchers will love this filling healthy dinner.
The Best Healthy Chicken Enchiladas
I love Mexican food. Seriously, I could eat it every day. However, I have noticed that many of the Mexican recipes I love simply are not a good fit with Weight Watchers. Thanks to all of the things that make it taste delicious, like the sauce and the cheese and the fillings, and just everything about it.
If you are not following Weight Watchers, you can easily make this dish any way you like. You do not have to worry about finding low fat/fat-free items. When you are watching the points on Weight Watchers, you want to find these things.
Easy Variations to Enchiladas
I have made this recipe several times. When I make it I like to make Chicken because it is a 0 point food. That means I can load it up with the filling and make it so satisfying while not adding in a lot of points. You can add ground chicken or turkey, and if you have extra points, you can also add ground beef.
Can I use Rotisserie Chicken in this Recipe
While I am making this healthy Weight Watchers enchiladas recipe using baked chicken that I shredded, it can easily be made with rotisserie chicken. After you have the shredded chicken from the chicken, you can make the recipe as normal.
Can Weight Watchers Enchiladas Be Made with Corn Tortillas
I use low carb flour tortillas for this recipe. If you wanted to make these weight watchers chicken enchiladas with corn tortillas, you certainly can. You will add the shredded chicken and sauce mixture to the corn tortilla and make it as normal. This will change the point values.
What to Serve with Enchiladas
I usually serve my enchiladas as their own, but sometimes I like to add a side of roasted vegetables. You can also serve these with a side of yellow rice or a side salad. I also like to serve the enchiladas with lettuce, tomatoes and a dab of fat free sour cream on top.
How Many Weight Watchers Points are in Chicken Enchiladas
This enchilada recipe can be made for as low as 3 points if you can find tortillas that are low in points and if you can fat-free shredded cheese. Since I can not always find either of these, my enchiladas tend to come in at 5 points. Even still, these are so filling, I can usually not even finish a whole one.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes?
- 0 Point Weight Watchers Cheesecake
- 2 Ingredient Pancakes
- Ranch Fiesta Dip
- Broccoli Salad Recipe
- Comeback Sauce
Get All of our Weight Watcher Recipes
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Low carb flour tortillas – Use Ole’ Extreme Wellness Tortillas for the lowest points possible.
- Chicken Breasts
- Fat-Free Shredded Mexican or Cheddar Cheese
- Red Enchilada Sauce
- Fat-free refried beans
- Fat Free Sour Cream
- Serve with this homemade guacamole recipe.
How to Make Chicken Enchiladas
Lightly grease a 13*9 casserole dish. Add a few spoonfuls of enchilada sauce to the bottom of the dish.
Mix together beans, enchilada sauce ( save a few spoonfuls for the top) and 3/4 cup cheese.
Split the filling between each tortilla. Add chicken.
Roll the tortilla around the filling and place inside the baking dish, with the seam side down.
Use the leftover sauce and cheese to top the enchiladas.
Bake, covered for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 5 more minutes.
Serve with chopped lettuce, diced tomatoes and fat free sour cream.
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
- 6 Low carb tortillas – Use Ole’ Extreme Wellness Tortillas for the lowest points possible.
- 3 Chicken Breasts – shredded
- 1 1/4 cup Fat-Free Shredded Mexican or Cheddar Cheese – Divided
- 2 Cups Red Enchilada Sauce – divided
- 16 ounce can Fat-free refried beans
- Preheat oven to 350
- Lightly grease a 13*9 casserole dish. Add a few spoonfuls of enchilada sauce to the bottom of the dish.
- Mix together beans, enchilada sauce ( save a few spoonfuls for the top) and 3/4 cup cheese.
- Split the filling between each tortilla. Add chicken.
- Roll the tortilla around the filling and place inside the baking dish.
- Use the leftover sauce and cheese to top the enchiladas.
- Bake, covered for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 5 more minutes.
Leave a Reply