You have to try these Easy Butternut Squash Noodles. They have so much flavor, are a healthy dinner idea and can be used in so many ways. You will never miss starchy traditional noodles.
Delicious Butternut Squash Noodles
I often like to make vegetable noodles for a variety of reasons. I do not always want the starch and carbs that come with regular noodles. I also want to get those extra vegetables in whenever I can. When I make spiralized vegetables, I get the both of best words. Tasty gluten free noodles and a healthy meal.
You might have seen this done with sweet potatoes and as zucchini noodles, but one of my favorites is butternut squash noodles. You can get them at the grocery stores already made into noodles, or you can cut them yourself.
Ways to Serve Butternut Squash Noodles
This recipe for butternut squash noodles can be eaten as is because it is absolutely amazing. It can also be used in other recipes. These butternut squash noodles can be in my favorite Weight Watchers Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe or covered in Weight Watchers Alfredo Sauce.
While this recipe calls for store bought butternut squash noodles, you can easily make your own. You will need a vegetable spiralizer. Making butternut squash noodles from scratch is incredibly easy. Here is a video that shows how easy it is to make.
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
How Many Weight Watchers Points in this Butternut Squash Noodles Recipe
Since there is a little bit of oil in this recipe, this is not a 0 point recipe, even thought butternut squash usually is 0 points. However, even with this oil, these noodles are a low point option that has the most amazing taste. These noodles come in at 0 points per serving on all plans.
More Weight Watchers Recipes
- Weight Watchers Banana Bread
- Rocky Road Cupcakes – Weight Watchers Friendly
- Weight Watchers Thai Basil Beef | Pad Gra Prow
- Healthy Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
- Weight Watchers Shepherd’s Pie
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step by step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Butternut squash noodles
- Fresh sage
- Salt and pepper
How to Make Butternut Squash Noodles
If you are making these butternut squash noodles from scratch, you will want to cut the butternut squash and then spiralize the squash. Then you will want to cook the noodles.
Heat one tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they cook evenly. When noodles are slightly softened, remove from pan and set aside. Keep warm.
Add remaining olive oil to pan, along with chopped sage and cinnamon. Cook until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Return butternut squash noodles to pan and toss to coat in sage-cinnamon mixture. Remove from heat and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
Serve immediately with your favorite entrée or as a light main course.
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Easy Butternut Squash Noodles
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil divided
- 4 Cups butternut squash noodles
- 2 T. fresh sage chopped
- 2 t. ground cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat one tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add butternut squash noodles and cook for 4-5 minutes, turning frequently to ensure they cook evenly. When noodles are slightly softened, remove from pan and set aside. Keep warm.
- Add remaining olive oil to pan, along with chopped sage and cinnamon. Cook until fragrant, approximately 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Return butternut squash noodles to pan and toss to coat in sage-cinnamon mixture. Remove from heat and season with salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Serve immediately with your favorite entrée or as a light main course.