Looking for an amazing vegetable beef stew recipe? One bite of this amazing beef stew recipe and you are going to make this as your comfort food, all winter.
Vegetable Beef Stew Recipe
I love beef stew. It is one of my favorite comfort meals. I remember my grandmom and mom making it for me. As I grew up and had kids of my own, I love making it for them now. Filled with meat and vegetables, this is the best Vegetable Beef Stew recipe.
What Vegetables Go in Beef Stew
The best part of vegetable beef stew, you can be in whatever vegetables you like. The base recipe calls for potatoes, carrots, and onions, but you can also put in corn, peas and green beans. In the summer time, I like to add fresh zucchini and squash.
How to Store Beef Stew
I make a giant pot of beef stew when I make it. I like to eat it for days. When I make a large pot, I take half of it and freeze for a freezer meal the next month. When storing soup or stew of any kind, it needs to be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. When freezing, I like to store it in a freezer bag. The soup will lay flat which takes up less space. I write on the bag so I can see what is in the bag and when I made it.
How Long Does Hearty Vegetable Soup Last
When you are making this hearty vegetable soup, if you store it correctly, it will last about 5 days in the refrigerator. If you are freezing the soup, it will last about 3 months.
How Many Weight Watchers Homemade Vegetable Beef Soup
When you are making this homemade vegetable beef soup, you can enjoy a serving for only 4 Weight Watchers Points. If you want to make this soup go further and therefore lowering the number of points per serving, you can add more 0 point vegetables.
Vegetable Beef Stew Ingredients
- stewing cubes
- Crushed tomatoes
- Salt, Pepper and garlic powder
How to Make Vegetable Soup
First salt, pepper, and sprinkle garlic on the stewing cubes.
Then sear off the meat on all sides in a small amount of oil.
Add the carrots, onions, and potatoes and saute for about 2 minutes more.
Pour in the crushed tomatoes, and add the crushed garlic, more salt, and pepper.
Add enough water to cover the ingredients, more if you like a thinner stew, less for a thicker stew.
Cook, covered until everything is fork-tender, about an hour.
How to Make Beef Stew in the Crockpot
You can easily make this vegetable beef stew in the crockpot.
To make this vegetable beef soup, after searing the beef on all side, add all of the ingredients into the slow cooker.
Cook on low for 8 hours.
Want More Weight Watchers Recipes?
- Rocky Road Cupcakes – Weight Watchers Friendly
- Chocolate Muffins – Only 2 WW Points
- Weight Watchers Banana Pudding
- Weight Watchers Chocolate Mousse
- Healthy Peanut Butter Fruit Dip
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
More Weight Watchers Help
Need Help Staying on Track? Try these ideas:
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Looking for another delicious healthy soup recipe? This Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe is amazing. Even kids like it.
Vegetable Beef Stew
- First salt, pepper, and sprinkle garlic on the stewing cubes.
- Then sear off the meat on all sides in a small amount of oil.
- Add the carrots, onions and potatoes and saute for about 2 minutes more.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes, and add the crushed garlic, more salt and pepper.
- Add enough water to cover the ingredients, more if you like a thinner stew, less for a thicker stew.
- Cook, covered until everything is fork tender, about an hour.
How to Make Beef Stew in the Crockpot
- You can easily make this vegetable beef stew in the crockpot. To make this vegetable beef soup, after searing the beef on all side, add all of the ingredients into the slow cooker. Cook on low for 8 hours.
Yum this looks so delicious! I love warm hearty meals like this this time of year.
think ill try this baby!
great recipe thanks a bunch my husband is going to love this
Yum, I love beef stew and this looks so tasty.