I was never a big fan of avocado. I didn’t know any avocado recipes. The only thing I ever knew it went with was guacamole. So there was nothing to make me want to eat it. I mean I like guac, but not all the time. But I knew it was great for you, filled with healthy fats.
Well, last November a friend and I went to her beach house and for breakfast she added avocado to her breakfast sandwich. I thought she was nuts. But it tastes great. It is such a simple sandwich, but adds a great flavor to it.
Bacon, Egg, Cheese and Avocado Sandwhich
- Bacon- I use 2 slices because of the calorie and fat. You could also use turkey bacon
- Cheese- This rocks with spicy cheese like pepper jack
- Bread- I prefer a potato roll for another layer of flavor
- Start by buttering your pan, or use cooking spray or a non stick pan.
- Fry your egg to however doneness you prefer. I have heard it is perfect just under cooked and it gooey. I prefer mine cooked hard.
- Either cook your bacon a head of time or now while the egg is cooking.
- Butter your bread. Add it to the pan and toast it up. This step adds that buttery grilled cheese flavor. You could also add it to the toaster.
- Slice 2 small slices of avocado.
- When everything is cooked, build your sandwich.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
If you would love some more recipes that feature avocado, check out the links below.
I love bacon with avocado!
I love avocado – it’s great just spread on a bagel! This sandwich looks like heaven on a plate!
I recently discovered that I love avocado, so I will have to give this a try!
Yummy in my tummy!