Get ready to knock your taste buds out of this world with this Instant Pot Garden Vegetable Soup. This is the perfect way to use up your fresh garden harvest or warm your bones up on a cool evening.
Best Garden Vegetable Soup Recipe
Whether you’re looking to clean out the refrigerator or use up the fresh garden harvest of vegetables, this is by far the best garden vegetable soup to make.
You’ll be even happier to learn that you can make this soup in less than half an hour, including prep time, using your Instant Pot.
The seasonings and spices add a flavorful combination to this vegetable soup giving you a slight kick from the crushed red pepper flakes.
This is an excellent way to enjoy using up those vegetables so they don’t go bad and providing your family with many of the much-needed nutrients vegetables give our bodies.
What Vegetables Go In Soup?
This flexible “clean out the refrigerator” recipe can be adapted countless ways to include whatever fresh vegetables and herbs you happen to have on hand.
I’m using carrots, celery, red onion, red potatoes, and cherry tomatoes in my best garden vegetable soup in my Instant Pot.
Some of the other types of vegetables that work well in vegetable soup include beets, squash, turnips, parsnips, and cauliflower.
You’ll find that just about any vegetable combo will work in this garden vegetable soup, so feel free to swap a few of my vegetables out for your preferred flavor.
Can I Season With Different Herbs?
I love the seasonings that I’ve opted for in my best garden vegetable soup. The herbs listed in this recipe include garlic cloves, crushed red pepper flakes, sea salt, pepper, and bay leaves. I’ve seen other garden vegetable soup recipes with thyme, oregano, or Italian seasoning and curry powder or paprika.
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Vegetable Soup
I love this Garden vegetable soup. It comes in at 3 points on each plan. If you wanted to decrease the points of this Weight Watchers Soup, you can decrease the oil and the potatoes since these are the things that increase the point count.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Does your Instant Pot Say Burn? Learn what the message means and how to prevent it.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step instructions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Red onion- Learn How to Cut Onions without Crying
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt & Pepper
- Chicken broth or vegetable broth
- Red potatoes
- Whole bay leaves
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fresh arugula
- Lime juice
- Parmesan cheese
Tougher herbs, such as rosemary and thyme, can be added prior to cooking, while more tender options, such as basil and parsley, should be stirred in when the arugula is added. (Discard the woody stems for the tougher herbs before serving).
How to Make Garden Vegetable Soup
Add olive oil to your Instant Pot and select the saute function. Add the minced garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season the mixture with sea salt and black pepper to taste and stir to combine.
Stirring occasionally, saute until fragrant and the vegetables start to develop some color. This will take approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine. Scrape any of the brown bits off the bottom of the Instant Pot int he process, turn off the unit.
Next, you’ll add your potatoes, bay leaves, and chopped tomatoes to your Instant Pot. Add lid, and lock into place. Switch the vent to sealing and set the manual setting for 3 minutes.
Allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes once the cooking time is complete. Then manually release any remaining pressure.
Remove the lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir fresh arugula and lime juice in. You may add additional sea salt and black pepper if desired. Stir to combine.
Serve immediately garnished with freshly shaved or grated Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Best Garden Vegetable Soup
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 3-4 Cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Large stalks celery, chopped
- 4 Large carrots, sliced
- 1 Medium red onion, chopped
- 1/4 t crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt & black pepper, to taste
- 6 C chicken or vegetable broth, preferably organic
- 1 lb red potatoes, quartered
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 Pint cherry or grape tomatoes, chopped
- 2 C fresh arugula
- 2 T fresh lime juice
- Parmesan cheese, freshly shaved or grated
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the “Sauté” function. Add garlic, celery, carrots, red onion, and crushed red pepper flakes. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Sauté, stirring occasionally, until fragrant and the vegetables start to develop some color, approximately 4-5 minutes. Add broth and stir to combine, scrapping any brown bits off the bottom of the pot in the process. Turn the unit off.
- Add potatoes, bay leaves, and chopped tomatoes to the pot. Add lid and lock into place. Switch the vent to “Sealing” and set the “Manual” setting to 3 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, allow pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release any remaining pressure.
- Remove lid and discard the bay leaves. Stir in fresh arugula and lime juice, and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. Stir to combine.
- Serve immediately topped with freshly shaved or grated Parmesan cheese, if desired. Enjoy!