Try this 2 Ingredient Dough Rolls Recipe today! If you want the best dough recipe that is fast and easy, this no yeast roll recipe is perfect. Have fresh baked rolls in no time.
I love homemade rolls and bread. Honestly, I could eat it every day. But, I don’t always love how long it takes to make or the amount of points the recipe has.
With this recipe, the rolls are done fast, have no rise time, take 20 minutes to bake, and there are only 2 points per roll.
If you are looking for a traditional roll recipe, you can make these amazing homemade dinner rolls.
With the two-ingredient dough recipe that is the base for this recipe, you can also make:
- 2 Ingredient Dough Breadsticks
- Healthy Broccoli Cheddar Chicken Pocket – Just like hot pockets
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
- Weight Watchers Pepperoni Pizza dough
- WW Air Fryer Funnel Cake Bites
- Pretzel Bites
- Weight Watchers Breakfast Sandwiches – Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit
- 2 ingredient dough recipe
- garlic powder (optional)
Other optional ingredients
- egg wash
You will find complete measurements needed in the dough recipe link.
You will find the complete instructions in the recipe card below.
- baking sheet
- large mixing bowl
- All-purpose flour – you can use all-purpose, however, it will no longer only use two ingredients. To make your own self-rising, combine 1 cup of all-purpose flour, 2 tsp of baking powder and 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Yogurt – it’s really important that you stick with Greek. You won’t get the same results.
While I have never made it myself, I have had readers and other people in WW groups mention that they have used gluten free flour, like the Bob Mills kind, in this recipe.
You want to use one of the flours that is a one to one ratio. I want to try making them with almond flour or coconut flour soon. I will come back and let you know when I have figured it out.
You can also add:
- Cheese – Sometimes we put the cheese inside and roll the dough around it. Sometimes we only add a bit of cheese on top.
- Bacon– We love bacon. Sometimes we add chopped up pieces of bacon into the dough. Sometimes, we made bacon and cheese sandwiches using the rolls.
- Herbs– If you like seasoned rolls you can add any type of seasoning you like. I love adding garlic to mine especially when we are making an Italian style dinner.
- Cinnamon Butter– It is not Weight Watchers friendly because it butter and honey but it is GOOD.
You can freeze these either with or without baking them. If you are freezing the rolls, make sure they are wrapped well to prevent freezer burn.
If you want to make these ahead of time, you can make the dough and wrap it tightly in plastic wrap. Then, it can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Whenever you have made the dough a head, no matter if it was in the refrigerator or the freezer, you want to let it slowly come back to room temperature before working with it.
The rolls will rise just like roll that have yeast in them. This recipe uses self rising flour, or homemade self rising flour. It is the baking powder in the recipe that gives the dough its rise.
So this recipe is originally designed as a Weight Watchers recipe and it used non fat Greek yogurt. If you do not have fat free Greek yogurt, you can use low fat or full fat Greek Yogurt. The dough will still work fine. You do not want to use traditional yogurt since this is a thinner yogurt and it will not work the same.
Use 1 cup of all-purpose flour with 1 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder. Some people will also add 1/4 teaspoon of salt as well.
You can add about a tablespoon of flour at a time until the dough is smooth and workable.
2 Ingredient Dough Rolls
- parchment paper or silicone mat
2 Ingredient Dough
- 1 cup self rising flour scooped with a spoon and leveled with a knife
- 1 cup fat free plain Greek Yogurt
- ½ tsp garlic powder optional
- egg wash optional
- butter optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Place the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Add the yogurt into a bowl.
- Then, combine all the ingredients until fully incorporated.
- First, press the dough out until it forms to 1/2 inch thick. Then, use non-stick cooking spray to grease a biscuit cutter and separate the dough into 9 biscuit portions.
- Second, put the biscuit dough onto a sheet pan greased with cooking spray, then place it into the oven to bake for 19-22 minutes or until they become a light brown.
- First you need to divide the dough into 8 pieces that are close to the same size.
- Then take one of the pieces of dough, roll it with your hands until it turns into a ball. Then add it to the baking sheet. Repeat this process until you have 8 balls.
- Make sure to place them 2 inches apart on the cookie sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes or until they are done.
Weight Watchers Points:
- 1 point on Blue and Purple
- 2 Points on Green
How Many Weight Watchers Points
This recipe makes 9 rolls. When you divide the dough into 9 rolls, the point count is 1 points per roll, on Blue and Purple ad 2 points per roll on Green.
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
These do not fluff up like the photos. They are dense and have to be baked longer than listed. My mom likes them though, so there’s that.
What temperature do you set for the oven? I’m not seeing it.
Chef Lynne Pelletier
No oven temperature posted with the recipe!!! I’m assuming. It’s 350 degrees???
Our Wabi Sabi Life Staff
The temp would be 400 degrees. However, we are currently retesting the recipe as a loaf of bread to confirm. Thanks for the question.
Will all purpose flour be ok?
Sure, but you will need to follow the suggestions for the baking powder. Self rising flour has baking powder in it, so all purpose will work if you add the baking powder.
Our Wabi Sabi Life Staff
We are currently testing it as a bread loaf, and we will update the post accordingly. You can find all of the other ways to use the dough though in the post. Thanks for the question.
No oven temp on biscuits
Can I make a loaf of bread?
You can. I don’t have the exact cook time because I don’t make it as a loaf of bread.
Do these store well or do they to be use up fast after bakeing?
I have stored mine for about 3 days before they taste and feel stale. Keep them wrapped well in plastic wrap or in an air tight container.