Looking for an incredible Instant Pot Chicken Breast Recipe? These Rotisserie Chicken Breasts are so good, your mouth will water just thinking about them. Make these Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken Breast for a healthy family dinner tonight.
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
Whenever I make dinner, unless it is a special treat, I want to make sure that it is a healthy dinner. Chicken breast is always a hit in my house. Since we love rotisserie chicken, making Rotisserie Chicken in the Instant Pot is a dinner we all get excited about.
Can I use frozen chicken breast for this recipe?
You can use frozen chicken breast in this recipe but there are some issues. When you use frozen chicken breast you can not brown the skin and create that delicious caramelized skin. However, there are plenty of times that I have not taken my chicken out of the freezer and I cook my frozen chicken in the Instant Pot.
When you are cooking frozen chicken in the Instant Pot you want to add a few minutes, around 3 or 4 minutes, to the cooking time. It will also take a longer time to get the Instant Pot longer to come to temperature when you are using frozen chicken breast. Sometimes, this can be as much as 12 minutes.
What to Serve With Chicken Breast
Instant Pot Chicken Breast is so versatile it can go with anything. It can be used as a Weight Watchers meal or as a Keto meal. It can be served with so many different side dishes like Easy Tri-colored Rosemary Potatoes, The Best Air Fryer Asparagus Recipe Ever, Easy Apple Butternut Squash Casserole, and Parmesan Green Beans.
Should I use the poultry setting on the Instant Pot?
My Instant Pot doesn’t have a poultry setting. But even if it did, I wouldn’t use it. This is because it is meant to cook chicken which is great, but it doesn’t take into consideration what kind of chicken it is. Since chicken breast with bone in cooks differently than chicken breast without the bone and chicken thighs cook differently than a chicken breast, I do not like the idea of the poultry button.
What To Do If Your Chicken is Undercooked
When chicken is done, you want it to read 165 degrees or you can get sick. If the chicken is close, around 160 degrees, letting the chicken rest in the Instant Pot with the lid on for another 5 minutes is enough to finish cooking the chicken.
if you find that the chicken is still not cooked, you can return it to the Instant Pot for another 2 minutes of high pressure. You can also finish cooking the chicken in a 350 degree oven.
How to Store Instant Pot Chicken
You want to make sure to always store chicken in the refrigerator. Store the Instant Pot Chicken in an air tight container for about 4 days. You can also freeze the cooked chicken for up to 3 months. I like to store my chicken in a freezer bag to take up the least amount of space while keeping the chicken from getting freezer burn.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Instant Pot Rotisserie Chicken Breast
When you make this rotisserie chicken recipe as it is written, it becomes a low point dinner. You can also make this dinner with the skin off and it makes it a lower point dinner. It comes in at 0 points on blue and purple when made using boneless skinless chicken. When you follow the recipes, using bone in skin on chicken breast it comes in at:
|Weight Watchers Plans||Points|
|Carb Conscious||coming soon|
|Calorie Command||coming soon|
|Keeping Keto||coming soon|
|Conquer Cravings||coming soon|
Have you joined our Weight Watchers Facebook Group? Free recipes and support. Perfect for everyone!
Want to Weight Watchers for almost free? Get a Year’s Membership for the Price of a Month – Learn More About Healthi – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
Instagram is one of my favorite places to be. Join us as we share our Perfectly Imperfect Life with recipes, crafts, parenting, and fun! Be sure to check out our stories for real-time fun!
- Bone In Skin on Chicken Breasts
- Cooking spray
- McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Spice
- Chicken broth
Spray the chicken with 0 calorie cooking spray.
Sprinkle the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Spice.
Spray the bottom of the Instant Pot with cooking spray and set to sauté. Place the breasts side down and brown 2-3 minutes.
Add the chicken broth. Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot and set to manual for 10 minutes for medium size breasts and 15 minutes for large breasts. While breasts are cooking, preheat your conventional oven to 350°. Allow Instant Pot pressure to naturally release.
Remove chicken breasts from the Instant Pot and place in a baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Spice.
Bake in your conventional oven for 15-20 minutes, or until your breasts are crispy. Remove and serve immediately.
Need more ideas and help to stay on track with Weight Watchers?
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- Don’t let the holidays get your off track. Get your copy of How to Survive a Low Point Holiday.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Instant Pot Chicken Breast
- 3-4 large Bone In Skin on Chicken Breasts
- Cooking spray
- McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Spice
- 1 ½ cups chicken broth
- Spray the chicken with 0 calorie cooking spray.
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Spice.
- Spray the bottom of the Instant Pot with cooking spray and set to sauté. Place the breasts side down and brown 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chicken broth. Close and lock the lid on the Instant Pot and set to manual for 10 minutes for medium size breasts and 15 minutes for large breasts. While breasts are cooking, preheat your conventional oven to 350°. Allow Instant Pot pressure to naturally release.
- Remove chicken breasts from the Instant Pot and place in a baking pan that has been sprayed with cooking oil. Sprinkle the chicken breasts with 1 tablespoon of the McCormick Rotisserie Chicken Spice.
- Bake in your conventional oven for 15-20 minutes, or until your breasts are crispy. Remove and serve immediately.