This Instant Pot Beef Tips and Rice recipe is easy to make and has such an amazing flavor. Using an inexpensive cut of beef, this easy recipe is filling and healthy. Pair it with roasted vegetables and enjoy
Instant Pot Beef Tips and Rice
Dinner in the Instant Pot makes life easier. You can make a delicious meal in less time than it takes to get delivery. Prep it the night before, let it marinade and enjoy an inexpensive delicious dinner.
What is the Best Cut of Beef to Cook in The Instant Pot?
There are a few different cuts of beef you can use in this recipe. I like to use stew meat when I am making this recipe however, chuck roast works great as well. I alternate the cut of beef depending what I have on hand or what is on sale.
How do I Make Rice in the Instant Pot?
When you are making rice in the Instant Pot, there is a rice setting. This is the correct setting for one kind of rice, but only for white or parboiled rice. When you are making long grain brown rice like in this recipe, you do not want to use this setting. When you are cooking the long grain brown rice in this recipe, you want to cook the rice on manual high pressure for 22 to 25 minutes. This can change, also, depending on the high elevation. This is according to the Instant Pot website.
- Soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce
- Lime juice
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Fresh ginger
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper
- Stew beef
- Water, beef broth, or Vegetable Stock Recipe
- Long-grain brown rice
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Instant Pot Beef Tips and Rice
When making this easy recipe, you want to start with this simple marinade.
Combine the soy sauce or Worcestershire sauce with oil, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes in a glass jar. Add salt and pepper and shake to combine.
Place the marinade into a plastic bag and then add the beef.
Seal the bag and turn the bags around to cover all of the beef.
Marinate the beef for 30 minutes at room temperature or refrigerate it overnight. Turn the bag occasionally to keep the marinade evenly distributed.
When the beef is ready to be cooked, add 2 tablespoons of oil to the Instant Pot and turn on the saute setting on high. Once the pot is hot, add the beef to the pot and discard the extra marinade. Brown the meat on all sides, for about 4 minutes. Add the beef broth and deglaze the bottom of the pan, scraping the browned bits off the bottom.
Turn off the Instant Pot and add the brown rice. Add more salt and pepper to taste. Secure the Instant Pot lid and make sure it is set to sealing. Set the time for 20 minutes for a harder rice or 22 minutes for softer rice.
When cook time is done, do a natural release for 10 to 15 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
Carefully remove the lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Taste and adjust seasonings to your tastes. Transfer the beef tips and rice to a platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with your favorite sides. Enjoy!
Tip: For best results, marinate the beef the night before for the meat to develop more flavor before it is pressure cooked.
This beef tips recipe can also be served over egg noodles.
More Instant Pot Recipes
- The Best Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Easy Rice Pudding in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Chicken Fajita Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Marsala
- Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Wings
Instant Pot Beef & Rice
- 3 T. soy sauce or worcestershire sauce
- 4 T. oil
- 2 T. honey
- 2 T. lime juice
- ½ t. garlic powder
- ½ t. onion powder
- 2 t. fresh ginger finely minced
- 1 t. crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1½ lbs. stew beef or chuck roast cubed
- 1¼ c. water or beef broth
- 1 c. long-grain brown rice rinsed and drained
- 3 T. fresh parsley finely chopped
- When making this easy recipe, you want to make a simple marinade first. Combine soy sauce, 2 T oil, honey, lime juice, garlic powder, onion powder, fresh ginger, and red pepper flakes in a glass or other non-reactive bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the beef into a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade on top. Seal and gently turn the bag to thoroughly coat the beef. Marinate at room temperature for at least 30 minutes, or place in the refrigerator overnight. Turn bag occasionally for even distribution of the marinade.
- To prepare this beef tips recipe, add 2 T of oil to the Instant Pot and use the saute setting. Adjust the heat setting to high. Once hot, transfer the beef cubes to the Instant Pot and discard the remaining marinade. Brown the meat on all sides, approximately 3-4 minutes. Add the beef broth and scrape up the brown bits from the bottom of the container.
- Turn Instant Pot off and add brown rice. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Add lid and securely lock. Flip the pressure value to the “Sealing” position and press the “Manual” button. Adjust setting to high and set cook time for 20 to 22 minutes. After a brief pause, the Instant Pot will automatically start building pressure.
- When cook time is complete, do a natural release for 10 to 15 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- Carefully remove lid and fluff the rice with a fork. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired. Transfer to a platter and sprinkle with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve immediately with your favorite sides. Enjoy!