This post contains affiliate links.
As a child, I was in love with everything Mickey Mouse. My kids have been the same ever since I can remember. Strawberries have always been a snack staple in our house, but I wanted to make them special. So Mickey Mouse Chocolate Covered Strawberries came to mind! These are so cute and are great for an everyday snack or for a themed party.
With just a few simple ingredients, your kids will be enjoying a snack that is sure to bring a smile to their face. All it takes is some melting chocolate, mini Oreos and some M&M’s to transform this strawberry into Mickey Mouse Chocolate Covered Strawberries. It’s amazing what you can make with strawberries. If you have a child that is hard up on not eating foods that are good for them, this is a great way to get some fruit in their diet.
Picky eaters will have no choice but to fall in love with these cute little treats. They will also love the taste of them because although they do have strawberries there is also some sweetness to them that is dessert like. These are not your original chocolate covered strawberries and are super adorable. You can disguise good for you food as a treat shaped like a favorite cartoon character. So genius!
Plus, if you have any birthdays, a great theme is Mickey Mouse. You can easily find these party decorations in any store. The perfect addition are Mickey Mouse Chocolate Covered Strawberries that will make for a great finger food for your guests. Parents will also be happy that you haven’t completely loaded their children up with sugar ridden candies. These are a win-win all around!
Make sure to make these Mickey Mouse Chocolate Covered Strawberries to enjoy with your little ones! They will love them as a surprising treat one afternoon and you can make them together. That’s always so much fun.
Mickey Mouse Chocolate Covered Strawberries
- 1 bag of Ghirardelli melting wafers
- 1 bag of red candy melts
- 1 C yellow M&M
- 1 bag of mini Oreos
- wax paper
- cookie sheet
- two small pots
- Tear off a sheet of wax paper and place it on the cookie sheet, set sheet next to the stove where you will place your pots
- Fill the bottom pot 1/4 with water and place the other pot on top
- Pour in the Ghirardelli Melting wafers into the top pot and turn the heat to medium
- Stir with a spoon until melted and dip in a strawberry
- Place the strawberries onto the wax paper
- Repeat process until all strawberries are dipped or no more chocolate
- Place in fridge for a few minutes while you clean the top pot, minimum of 20 minutes in the fridge
- Pull out the strawberries and set next to the stove
- Add the candy melts to the clean pot and mix until melted
- Dip the strawberry half way so that the red looks like "pants"
- Place strawberry onto wax paper and add two yellow M&M's
- Repeat process till all strawberry's are dipped in the red
- Take 1 mini Oreo and pull apart.
- Scrap off the filling
- Add a tiny amount of the candy melt to the bottom of the mini Oreo and place on the chocolate part of the strawberry for "ears"
- Place strawberries back in the fridge for another 20 minutes then ENJOY!
Leave a Reply