This Pineapple Beef Stir Fry recipe is an amazing dinner recipe. Inexpensive and fast, this makes a perfect weeknight dinner or make it for guests. Serve with rice or cauliflower rice and stir fry vegetables.
Pineapple Beef Stir Fry Recipe
This is a simple and easy meal that can be made in under 30 minutes. The first time I made this meal the family loved it. We loved this recipe so much, we make it often.
What is the Best Beef for Stir Fry?
Whenever I make this beef stir fry, I use beef flank steak. I like this cut of beef because it is an inexpensive cut of meat. While it is not always a tender cut, it gets tender when cooking it like this.
What Can I Add to This Recipe
When you are making this recipe, you can add things to change it up some if you wanted to. You can add things like garlic, ginger, snow peas, and bell peppers. When adding vegetables to this make sure the vegetables are crisp tender. You can also top this dish with sesame seeds.
How do You Tenderize Meat with Pineapple?
There are several ways to tenderize meat. For tough cuts of meat, it can be tenderized by
- Physically pounding the meat with a meat mallet. This breaks down the tough muscle fibers.
- Remember to Salt the meat- The salt pulls out the moisture and creates a natural brine.
- Use a marinade- Use something acidic like lemon juice, vinegar, or buttermilk as a way to break down the proteins.
- Let the meat rest – It doesn’t matter how tender the meat is, if you do not let it rest, it will be dry and tough
- Slice against the grain – Since there are long muscle fibers that run throughout the meat. When you cut the meat parallel with the muscle fiber, it takes a lot of chewing to break down the meat as your chew. When you cut it across the muscle fiber, it comes apart easily.
How Many Points in Beef Stir Fry Recipe with Pineapple
When you make this recipe with the ingredients in the recipe it comes in at 4 points on all plans. You could reduce the oil to make this recipe with a little fewer points.
More Weight Watchers Recipes
- Weight Watchers Thai Basil Beef Pad Gra Prow
- Weight Watchers Shepherds Pie
- Million Dollar Spaghetti Recipe
- Weight Watchers Pepperoni Pizza
- Easy General Tso Chicken
- Homemade Balsamic Salad Dressing with Lemon
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step by step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Vegetable oil or sesame oil
- Beef flank steak
- Pineapple chunks
- Soy sauce
- Green onions or scallions
- Salt and pepper
How to Make a Pineapple Beef Stir Fry Recipe
Dice the pineapple into bite size chunks
Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the sliced thin beef and pineapple and season with a small pinch of salt and pepper, if desired.
Stir-fry the sliced beef and pineapple over high heat until the beef is cooked through and the pineapple develops a slight golden color, approximately 2-3 minutes.
Add the soy sauce and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes, or just until the mixture is warm and bubbly. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. This will create your stir fry sauce.
Remove from heat and stir in the scallions. Transfer to individual plates and serve immediately.
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Pineapple Beef Stir-Fry
- 1 T. oil vegetable or sesame oil
- 1 lb. beef flank steak thinly sliced against the grain
- 2½ c. pineapple chunks
- 3 T. soy sauce
- 3 scallions sliced thin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet or wok over high heat. Add the sliced beef and pineapple and season with a small pinch of salt and pepper, if desired.
- Stir-fry the beef and pineapple over high heat until the beef is cooked through and the pineapple develops a slight golden color, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce and stir-fry for another 1-2 minutes, or just until the mixture is warm and bubbly. Taste and season with additional salt and black pepper, if desired. This will create your stir fry sauce.
- Remove from heat and stir in the scallions. Transfer to individual plates and serve immediately.