This 7 Layer Dip Cup Recipe is absolutely amazing. Served in individual cups it is great for parties and picnics or whenever you an incredible appetizer.
Individual 7 Layer Dip Cup Recipe
We love having picnics and get togethers. We have them for all holidays, for birthdays and “Just Because”. Everyone loves my 7 layer dip. As a way to make it an easy grab, I made individual 7 layer dip cups and it became an instant hit.
What is 7 layer dip?
7 Layer Dip is a classic picnic recipe. It is also referred to as Mexican Layer Dip and 7 Layer Bean Dip. It is called 7 layer dip because there are 7 layers to the dip.
Do You Have to Heat Refried Beans?
This recipe is so easy because it doesn’t need any cook time. Since refried beans are already cooked, you do not need to heat them, you can simply scoop the beans into the bottom of the cups.
Can You Make it Ahead of Time?
While you can make this easy recipe right before you are ready to eat it, you can also make it the day before. Since it is served cold, you can make it ahead of time and then store it in the refrigerator.
How Long Can You Keep 7 Layer Dip?
If you store these cups so that they are wrapped well in the refrigerator, the dip cups will last for about 3 to 4 days. Even if the guacamole turns brown, which happens from being exposed to the air, the dip is still safe to eat.
Can I Make This Vegan?
If you want to make this a vegan version, simply use a vegan sour cream and vegan shredded cheese. You will want to make sure you are getting vegetarian refried beans because not all of them are.
Can This Recipe Be Doubled
This recipe makes 12 individual cups. If you want to make more you can easily scale this recipe. To increase this recipe, use approximately two tablespoons each of refried beans, guacamole, and sour cream per 5-oz. appetizer cup. Then top each cup with chopped 3-4 cherry or grape tomatoes, one tablespoon cheese, 3-4 chopped black olives, and a few green onion slices.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in This Recipe
When I am figuring out the points for this recipe, I am not including chips or other dipping ingredients. I am only using the ingredients listed below in the actual recipe.
|Weight Watchers Plans||Points|
New to WW? Trying to Decide on What Plan is Best? Use these guides to help. Everything You Need to Know about the Green Plan, Blue and Purple coming soon.
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
What All Goes in 7 Layer Dip?
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Lime juice
- Salt and Pepper
- Fat free sour cream
- Chili powder
- Garlic powder
- Fat free refried beans
- Cherry or grape tomatoes
- Fat free or lite 4-cheese Mexican blend
- Black olives
- Green onions
If you want to make these in individual cups, I love these 5-oz. appetizer cups
How to Assemble 7 Layer Dip
First, make the guacamole. Combine the avocados with garlic, lime, salt, and pepper. Mash it with a fork and blend it until it is smooth. Cover the bowl tightly and set it aside.
Mix together sour cream, chili powder, ground cumin, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix it together well.
Start assembling in the cups. Add the layers as follows: refried beans, guacamole, seasoned sour cream, tomatoes, shredded cheese, olives, and then green onions.
Garnish with blue tortilla chips and enjoy.
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
7 Layer Dip Cups
- 2 large ripe avocados
- 2 large cloves fresh garlic finely minced
- 2 T. fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ c. sour cream
- 2 t. chili powder
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 t. garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1½ c. refried beans
- 1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes chopped small
- 1 c. 4-cheese Mexican blend finely shredded
- 1 15- oz. can black olives drained and chopped small
- 3 large green onions green parts only, sliced thin