The Easiest Beef Burgundy Stew is a recipe you need to make. The rich flavors of beef, wine, and vegetables are braised for hours to create a stew that is hearty enough to satisfy the hungriest appetite. This French dish will have your family asking for seconds.
The Easiest Beef Burgundy Stew
Do you love Braised Beef Burgundy Stew? Ready to make beef bourguignon at home? You are going to love this beef burgundy recipe. I love stew. It is like a really thick soup, and as I have said over and over on here, I love soup. I could eat it every day. That being said one of my favorites is Braised Beef Burgundy Stew. If you are looking for a Beef Burgundy Stew recipe that you can make at home, this is the only beef burgundy recipe you need.
Is beef bourguignon the same as beef burgundy
Sometimes you will hear Beef Burgundy called beef bourguignon. These stews are the same thing, just called by different names. The names are used interchangeably.
What meat is best for beef burgundy?
The best meat to use for beef burgundy is a cheaper cut of meat that does well with a long slow cooking process. Meat like stewing cubes, beef chuck or other tougher cuts of meat is great for beef burgundy.
Can I keep leftover of beef bourguignon?
Yes. In order to keep the leftovers for beef burgundy, you need to store it in the refrigerator. Once the beef bourguignon has cooled, it can be wrapped well and put in the refrigerator.
How long can you keep beef bourguignon in the fridge?
When stored properly, beef bourguignon can be stored in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. When it is reheated, be sure to make it is reheated properly.
Can I reheat beef burgundy stew?
Beef burgundy stew can be reheated in the microwave or on the stove top. I tend to reheat a single serving in the microwave and larger portions on the stove top.
How do you reheat beef bourguignon?
When you are heating beef bourguignon, either in the microwave, stove top or in the oven, you want to make sure that the stew reaches 325 degrees and let it simmer. This kills any bacteria left in the stew.
Can I make Beef Burgundy without red wine
While the recipe is based on red wine, there are ways to make beef bourguignon without the wine. If you need to omit the wine from this beef burgundy recipe, you can omit the wine and use 1 1/2 cups red grape juice and 1/2 cup red grape vinegar.
Can I make Beef Burgundy in the Slow Cooker?
Yes, this recipe can be made in a slow cooker. You will do the sauteing step in a frying pan on the stove. Continue through the recipe until it is ready to be put in the oven. At this point, you will put it in the slow cooker. When you cook it on high, it will be ready in about the same time. If you cook the recipe on low, it will take about 6 hours.
How Many Weight Watchers Points in Beef Burgundy
When you make this recipe, exactly as it is written, it not considered a low point recipe. That is because of the beef and the red wine. This increases the point counts.
If you want to make the recipe lighter in points, you can remove the red wine, which will affect the flavor slightly, but it will still taste absolutely amazing. I have made it without the wine and the flavor isn’t as deep but other than that, most people do not notice a difference. Replace the amount of the wine with more beef broth for the best flavor.
I am including the point values for with and without the red wine, so you can make this a light version for an every day meal and a heavier version for a special occasion.
Error- this information will be added again soon.
|Weight Watchers Plans||Oil/ No Oil|
|ItrackBites Plans||Oil/No Oil|
|Carb Conscious||coming soon|
|Calorie Command||coming soon|
|Keeping Keto||coming soon|
|Conquer Cravings||coming soon|
Save Money on Weight Watchers. One Year on iTrackBites for about the cost of 1 month on Weight Watchers. All the same plans and points. Use code
Code_DebiMurray to save
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step by step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Thick-cut bacon
- Beef chuck
- Salt and pepper
- Red onion
- Pearl onions
- Garlic cloves
- White mushrooms
- Tomato paste
- Dry red wine
- Beef broth
- Bay leaves
- Fresh thyme
- Fresh parsley
How to Make Beef Burgundy Stew at Home
Preheat the oven to 325.
Heat a large sized Dutch oven over medium heat and cook the bacon. Move the bacon to paper towels and set it aside.
In the pot, remove most of the grease but leave about 1 tablespoon. Add the beef chunks, salt and pepper and brown all of the sides. Remove the beef and place it on the paper towel with the bacon.
Add the onions, carrots and garlic. Cook unto the veggies are translucent.
Add the mushroom and sprinkle in the flour. Cook for a few minutes until it starts to thicken.
Return the bacon and beef to the pot and add the tomato sauce, wine, broth, bay leaves and thyme. Add more salt and pepper and stir together.
Place the Dutch Oven in the oven, covered, and cook for 2.5 to 3 hours. Stir the stew every 45 minutes.
Remove from oven and throw away the bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Serve immediately topped with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
More Soup Recipes
- Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Copycat Panera Autumn Squash Soup
- Pork Stew with Sweet Potatoes
- Vegetable Beef Stew
- Ham and Cabbage Stew Recipe
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.
Beef Burgundy Stew
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon diced
- 2 lbs. beef chuck cut into 1-inch pieces
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 cup frozen pearl onions
- 2 large carrots sliced diagonally
- 3-4 garlic cloves minced
- 8 oz. white mushrooms roughly chopped
- 3 T. flour
- 1 T. tomato paste
- 3 c. dry red wine
- 1½ c. beef broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- ¼ c. fresh parsley chopped
- Place top oven rack in the center position and preheat oven to 325°F.
- Heat a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until crispy, approximately 4-5 minutes. Transfer bacon to a plate lined with paper towels and blot off excess grease. Set aside.
- Drain and discard all but 1 tablespoon bacon grease from Dutch oven. Add beef chunks and season with salt and black pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally until browned on all sides, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove beef and transfer to the same plate with the bacon. Set aside.
- Add red onion, pearl onions, carrots, and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the veggies become fragrant and translucent, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms and sprinkle with flour. Cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes or until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Return bacon and beef to the Dutch oven. Add tomato paste, red wine, beef broth, bay leaves, and fresh thyme. Season with additional salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a gentle boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, cover, and transfer Dutch oven into the preheated oven. Cook for 2½ to 3 hours, stirring every 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from oven and discard bay leaves and thyme sprigs. Serve immediately topped with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!