Looking for an easy Turkey Rice Soup Recipe? This soup is delicious and simple to make. It is a great way to use leftover turkey. I know you are going to love this Turkey Vegetable Rice Soup Recipe.
Easy Turkey Rice Soup
If you love soup, you are going to love this recipe. It is filling, healthy and tastes like comfort food at its best. If you are looking for a way to use leftover turkey, you want to try recipe for turkey vegetable rice soup .
Can this be a Leftover Turkey and Rice Soup
I love making a large turkey dinner. Whether we are making a turkey for Thanksgiving, Christmas or just because, this turkey and rice soup is great to use leftover turkey. There are only so many days you can eat the tradition Thanksgiving dinner so with this recipe you can make leftover turkey and rice soup.
How Long Does Homemade Turkey Vegetable Soup Last
When you make a fresh batch of this homemade turkey vegetable soup, you will want to store it in the refrigerator as soon as it cools. Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Can I Freeze This Turkey Soup Recipe?
I love freezing soup whenever I can. I love to make extra batches because it makes such a great freezer meal. When I am freezing my turkey soup recipe, I like to store it in a freezer bag and lay it flat in the freezer. This way, when it freezes, it will stay flat and it is much easier to store. The turkey soup recipe will stay good for about 3 months.
How Many Weight Watchers Point in Turkey and Rice Soup
While most of the ingredients in this soup are 0 points the rice in this recipe does give it some points. This healthy delicious recipe has 3 Weight Watchers Points.
Want More Weight Watchers Support
Can Turkey Vegetable Soup Be Made With Chicken
Well, you can but it isn’t turkey vegetable soup but it is chicken vegetable soup. Whenever we have leftover chicken, I love to make this recipe. The turkey and chicken are easily changed with each other and this makes an incredible turkey vegetable rice soup recipe.
Ingredients in Turkey Rice Soup
- Uncooked rice
- Celery Stalks Half
- Red pepper
- Garlic cloves
- Green beans
- Turkey (For WW, you want turkey breast)
- 32 ounce vegetable or turkey or chicken broth
How to Make Turkey Soup
Start cooking the rice according to the directions.
While the rice is cooking, chop the veggies and sauté them until soft.
Add in the seasoning and turkey. Sauté a bit longer, then add the broth.
Once the rice is done, add to the veggies. I personally prefer to rinse my rice first. I find it makes the soup too starchy otherwise, but it is not necessary.
Bring soup to a boil slowly, on medium heat. Now your soup is done. Enjoy.
Looking for another delicious healthy soup recipe? This Stuffed Pepper Soup Recipe is amazing. Even kids like it.
Want More Leftover Turkey Recipes?
If you have leftover turkey and want more ideas on how to use it, I think you are going to love these leftover turkey recipes.
- Turkey Lasagna
- Leftover Turkey Stroganoff
- Leftover Turkey Soup | White Bean and Turkey Soup
- Chicken Enchiladas These might be chicken enchiladas but you can certainly swap leftover turkey.
Turkey Rice Soup Recipe
- 1 cup uncooked rice or 3 cups cooked rice
- 2 Celery Stalks
- 1/2 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 cups green beans chopped
- 2 large carrots
- 2 cups turkey chopped
- 2 Tablespoons Basil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 32 ounce vegetable or turkey or chicken broth
- Start cooking the rice according to the directions.
- While the rice is cooking, chop the veggies and saute them until soft.
- Add in the seasoning and turkey. Saute a bit longer, then add the broth.
- Once the rice is done, add to the veggies. I personally prefer to rinse my rice first. I find it makes the soup too starchy otherwise, but it is not necessary.
- Bring soup to a boil slowly, on medium heat. Now your soup is done. Enjoy.
Save Money on Weight Watchers- Get a Year for the Price of a Month – Everything You Need to Know About iTrackBites – Use Code Coach_DebiMurray to save
Recommended Weight Watchers Products
- Get this Printable Weight Watchers Weight Loss Journal or the Daily Food Log to add to your existing planner.
- If you are looking for a simple snack idea that won’t ruin your points for the day. You have to try Built Bar. You can save 12% Off* with Code: SAVE12.
- Use these Meal Prep containers so you have meals ready that are low in points and help you avoid the wrong foods. You can also use the Weight Watchers Freestyle Make It and Take It Kit.
- Make sure you are drinking enough water with a reusable water bottle that helps you track your water. I have these 2 and they work great. Hydr-8 Purple 32ounce Water Bottle with Swivel Lid and 32 oz Clear Sports Water Bottle, Best for Measuring H2o Intake
- If you don’t want to pay for the app to be able to calculate your points, consider the Weight Watchers SmartPoints Calculator for Freestyle Program which is sold by Weight Watchers so you know the Points are right. The online calculators are not always accurate.
- Need to start an Exercise Program? Try this Weight Watchers 15 minute Boot Camp DVD.