I love any kind of pasta dish. Pasta is one of my favorites. It is versatile and delicious. It is also inexpensive. That is why this Turkey Lasagna is a great way to use leftover turkey.
Recipes for Leftover Turkey
I love turkey and we have it often. Even with how much I love turkey, there is only so many times you can eat turkey with the fixings. After the 2nd night, the kids start to complain. That is when I start looking for recipes for leftover turkey. We have made Turkey Stroganoff, White bean, and turkey soup, Leftover Turkey Noodle Casserole, Turkey Vegetable Rice Soup, and Loaded Thanksgiving Potatoes. We have used a lot of recipes for leftover turkey. Having a lot of options means we never get tired of turkey.
This recipe for turkey lasagna is simple to make and it has such a great flavor. It is packed with healthy ingredients and it is perfect for fall and winter nights.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh sage
- 2 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 3 tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 cups/28 oz. 1% milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- Pinch each pepper and nutmeg
- 9 sheets/8 oz. oven-ready noodles
- 1 1/2 cups/6 oz. chopped cooked turkey breast
- 4 cups/1 lb. chopped roasted butternut squash
- 1/2 lb. spinach steamed and squeezed dry
- 1 cup/8 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 cup/4 oz. Italian cheese blend divided
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil and butter in skillet set over medium heat; cook onion, garlic, sage and thyme for about 5 minutes or until softened. Sprinkle flour over top; cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
- Gradually whisk in milk until smooth. Bring to boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer for about 10 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread 1/2 cup sauce evenly over bottom of greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Place 3 noodles over sauce. Spread 1 cup sauce, half of the turkey, butternut squash, spinach and ricotta over top; sprinkle with 1/3 cup cheese. Repeat layers. Place remaining 3 noodles over top; spread remaining sauce evenly over top and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Cover tightly with foil; bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and filling is bubbling.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Sprinkle with fresh parsley before serving.