How would you like to have three delicious ingredients in one? This Bacon Mozzarella Keto Onion Rings Recipe will not only be incredibly tasty, but also healthy for you when you are following Keto. Your family and friends may just fall in love with this dish.
Bacon Cheese Keto Onion Rings
This recipe is creamy, cheesy, crunchy and sweet with all of its magnificent flavors. The Bacon Cheese Keto Onion Rings are a quick and easy way to have something good for you that taste like its right out of a restaurant. Be sure to right this amazing recipe down for the books.
What’s the Best Onion for Keto?
Keto Dieters try to avoid certain onions due to the high sugar content. Onions such as red and white onions contain the most sugar. The onions that you can use for a better source is sweet yellow onions. They taste great and will be perfect for this recipe.
Are These Fried or Baked Onion Rings?
These onion rings are made in the oven. This eliminates the extra grease and still makes them crispy. I prefer baking simply because of the ease of it.
Want More Delicious Recipes
While these onion rings are keto, they are also perfect for anyone who is looking for an amazing appetizer or side dish. If you are looking for other delicious party foods, you might want to try:
- Parmesan Topped Appetizer
- The Best Homemade Buffalo Chicken Taquitos Recipe
- Baked Lemon Pepper Chicken Wings
- Cajun Shrimp Cups
How Many Weight Watchers Points in These Bacon Onion Rings
These onion rings are not going to be something that you can eat a lot of or eat them often, but as a special treat, or for game day, these bacon onion rings are perfect. The onion rings come in at 2 points a piece when you use center cut bacon and low fat cheese sticks like the Weight Watchers brand.
Get the full list of ingredients, with measurements, and step-by-step directions at the bottom of the post in the printable recipe card.
- Sweet yellow onion – Learn How to Cut Onions without Crying
- Mozzarella cheese
- Wooden skewers
How to Make Bacon Mozzarella Keto Onion Rings
Line a baking sheet with foil or silicone baking mat and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
Slice onions into thick pieces and use 2 slices for each serving, 12 pieces total for 6 servings.
Rip apart the cheese in half and curve it into a smile. Place half in between onions on each side. Its easier to flip the top onion slice upside down, making a dome.
Wrap 2-3 bacon slices around the onion slowly, take your time. As the bacon warms it will start to get slippery to work with, and if need be set in the fridge for 10 minutes. Push in wooden skewer into the onion where your placed your bacon and push out to the other side.
For 30-40 minutes, place your onions on the baking sheet and bake. Check every 20 minutes. Stoves may vary, so make sure to check as your stove may cook quicker than mine.
Rest the rings for 5 minutes before taking out your skewers. If you try to take out the skewer too fast, it can make the onion break. Dunk in your favorite Keto dressing and Enjoy!
More Keto Recipes
- The Best Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe with Pecan
- Keto Chaffle with Lemon Curd
- Keto Pickle Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Keto Sausage Burgers with Keto Gravy
- Keto Meatloaf with Cheese Recipe
- S’Mores Keto Cupcake Recipe
Bacon Mozzarella Keto Onions Rings Recipe
- 1 large sweet yellow onion
- 12 slices bacon
- 3 mozzarella cheese pieces
- Wooden skewers soaked in water
- Preheat oven to 375° and line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat or foil
- Step 1: Cut your onion into thick slices. You will use 2 slices for each serving, so 12 slices total for your 6 servings for this recipe.
- Step 2: Tear your mozzarella cheese piece in half. Curve the cheese like a smile and place half in between the onion rings on one side and do it on the other side. Instead of fitting the cheese in between the onions slices, we found it easier to flip the top onion slice upside down, making a dome.
- Step 3: Wrap 2-3 slices of bacon around each ring. Take your time and go slowly. As the bacon gets warm, it tends to get a bit slick and slippery, so it makes it a bit tricky to work with 😊 If need be, put the bacon back I the fridge for 10 minutes or so and come back and finish up making your rings. Carefully insert your wooden skewer into the ring at the point where you started wrapping your bacon, through to the opposite side.
- Step 4: Place your rings on the baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, checking at 20 minutes for doneness. Depending on your stove, your bacon may cook more quickly or more slowly than mine.
- Step 5: Allow the rings rest for 5 minutes before removing your skewers. If you try to remove the skewer too quickly, it can make the onion break. Dip in your favorite Keto dressing!