Don’t miss out on dessert just because you are following keto. Make this amazing Keto Chaffle topped with homemade sugar free lemon curd. The combination is absolutely amazing.
Cream Cheese Keto Chaffle
When I first heard of chaffles, I wasn’t so sure about them. When started making them, I was sold. When I topped it with this sugar free lemon curd and OMG this is a keto dessert made in heaven.
What is a Chaffle?
A chaffle is basically a cheesey waffle. It isn’t as weird as it sounds. Chaffles are designed to be either sweet or savory and can open a whole new world for those who are eating low carb.
Chaffles can be used as the base for sandwiches, desserts or just filled with delicious ingredients and eaten as is.
Can Chaffles be Made Ahead
You can make chaffles ahead. I like to make a large batch and store them in the refrigerator or the freezer. I reheat them in the toaster but you can also reheat the chaffles in the oven at 350 degrees.
Do Chaffles use Almond Flour or Coconut Flour
I have seen chaffles made with almond flour and with coconut flour. I prefer the taste and texture of the coconut flour.
- Cream cheese
- Monk-fruit sweetener
- Vanilla extract
- Mozzarella cheese
- Coconut flour
- Baking powder
- Sugar Free Lemon Curd
- Fresh lemon zest
How to Make a Chaffle
In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer or whisk until frothy. *Chunks of cream cheese are fine
Add in the shredded cheese and beat until well combined.
In a separate bowl, add flour and baking powder and whisk until mixed.
Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix until just combined.
Pour batter into preheated Dash Mini waffle maker and cook until brown on the outside – about 4 minutes.
Remove chaffle from waffle maker, top with lemon curd, and serve.
Optional – sprinkle lemon zest on top prior to serving.
More Keto Recipes
- Keto Pickle Chicken Thighs Recipe
- Low Carb Strawberry Cheesecake Cookies
- Keto Sausage Burgers with Keto Gravy
- PB&J Muffins : A Low Carb Muffin Recipe that Kids Will Eat
- Keto Meatloaf with Cheese Recipe
- The Best Keto Cinnamon Rolls Recipe with Pecan
- S’Mores Keto Cupcake Recipe
Keto Chaffle with Homemade Sugar Free Lemon Curd
- 3 large eggs
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 tablespoon monk-fruit sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Sugar Free Lemon Curd
- Optional – 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon zest for topping
- preheat waffle maker to medium/high heat and spray generously with low carb non-stick spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, add eggs, cream cheese, sweetener, and vanilla and beat with a hand mixer or whisk until frothy. *Chunks of cream cheese are fine
- Add in mozzarella and beat until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, add flour and baking powder and whisk until mixed.
- Add dry ingredients to egg mixture and mix until just combined.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle maker and cook until brown on the outside – about 4 minutes.
- Remove chaffle from waffle maker, top with lemon curd, and serve.
- Optional – sprinkle lemon zest on top prior to serving.