This Boozy Peppermint Hot Chocolate is what life is all about! Full of peppermint, decadent chocolate, sweet sugar and just enough spice thanks to the cinnamon, this yummy Winter beverage will definitely help knock the chill off.
BOOZY PEPPERMINT MOCHA
The flavor of peppermint goes wonderfully together with the holidays. I don’t know if it’s the remembering seeing candy canes hanging on the tree when we were kids or if it’s the smell of peppermint waffling from the kitchen while cookies are baking.
Whatever the reason is, it definitely is one of the fun things about the holidays. If you are dreaming of peppermint filled holiday recipes, I have a few I think you will enjoy. Like my Peppermint Bark or Peppermint Mocha Brownies. If you are looking for another holiday cocktail that uses peppermint, my Peppermint Patty Martini is pretty tasty.
Before you get started on this warm holiday drink, here are a few tips and suggestions.
CAN I SUBSTITUTE PEPPERMINT SCHNAPPS FOR PEPPERMINT VODKA?
Yes, you can as both are forms of hard liquor. It will not affect the drink at all.
HOW CAN I MAKE THIS PEPPERMINT HOT CHOCOLATE KID-FRIENDLY?
Just remove the vodka and the liqueur. The rest of the ingredients will be fine for kids or for those who prefer a non-alcoholic drink.
WHAT INGREDIENTS ARE NEEDED TO MAKE A BOOZY HOT CHOCOLATE
- Unsweetened cocoa
- Ghirardelli Chocolate Syrup
- Sea salt
- Heavy cream
- Pure peppermint extract
- Peppermint Vodka
- Chocolate Liqueur
READY TO MAKE BOOZY HOT CHOCOLATE
I have included a few in process images for you. You can get the full written recipe as well as ingredients in the recipe card below.
Add the dry ingredients into a medium sized saucepan and heat until everything is boiling. You must stir consistently so it doesn’t burn.
Once it’s boiling, turn the heat down and add in the remaining ingredients except the extract and the alcohol.
Once everything is heated through then add in the alcohol as well as the extract.
Stir, serve, and enjoy. To make a small batch, just cut the ingredients in half.
MORE HOLIDAY COCKTAIL RECIPES
Boozy Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 tbsp. Ghirardelli Chocolate Syrup
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Peppermint Extract
- 6 oz. Peppermint Vodka
- 4 oz. Godiva Chocolate Liqueur
- Add the cocoa, sugar, cinnamon, water, and salt into a medium saucepan.
- Heat until boiling and continue to stir continuously.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, turn the heat to medium and add in the milk and heavy cream. Stir the ingredients together.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add in the Peppermint extract and the alcohol.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate shavings and crushed peppermint.